I am planning a trip for my parents (~age 60) and Sister (~ age 30) to PHUKET for 3-4 nights in early June 2011.
They would like to spend some time relaxing in their room, by the beach, dining and some shopping. They would like to take a 1/2 day or 1 day excursion to a nearby island.
I have got quotes from three hotels that we are considering:
1) Trisara - ~ US Dollars 600 (incl. tax) a night for an Oceanfront Pool Villa, with breakfast and round trip airport transfer
2) Anantara - ~US Dollars 500 (incl. tax) a night for a Sala Pool Villa with breakfast
3) Sheraton Grande Laguna - ~275 (incl. tax) a night for a Private Pool Villa (supposedly 3 bedroom) including breakfast
They are not going on a honeymoon, however would like to be comfortable, enjoy some good food and sights, and be away from touts as much as possible.
As their stay is short, price is not the main criteria, however, if the Sheraton is equally good for their needs as the Trisara, then we don't mind saving a bit.
Any suggestions/experiences please?
HELP - Which hotel in Phuket - Trisara, Anantara or Sheraton Grand Laguna
- 1 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 2 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 3 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 4 Train Fares in Japan
- 5 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 6 Udaipur, India
- 7 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 8 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 9 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 10 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 11 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 12 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 13 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 14 independent travel in India
- 15 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 16 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 17 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 18 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 19 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 20 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 21 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 22 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 23 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 24 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations
- 25 Bangkok restaurants. Recs for hidden gems in Sukhumvit