I am planning a trip for my parents (~age 60) and Sister (~ age 30) to PHUKET for 3-4 nights in early June 2011.
They would like to spend some time relaxing in their room, by the beach, dining and some shopping. They would like to take a 1/2 day or 1 day excursion to a nearby island.
I have got quotes from three hotels that we are considering:
1) Trisara - ~ US Dollars 600 (incl. tax) a night for an Oceanfront Pool Villa, with breakfast and round trip airport transfer
2) Anantara - ~US Dollars 500 (incl. tax) a night for a Sala Pool Villa with breakfast
3) Sheraton Grande Laguna - ~275 (incl. tax) a night for a Private Pool Villa (supposedly 3 bedroom) including breakfast
They are not going on a honeymoon, however would like to be comfortable, enjoy some good food and sights, and be away from touts as much as possible.
As their stay is short, price is not the main criteria, however, if the Sheraton is equally good for their needs as the Trisara, then we don't mind saving a bit.
Any suggestions/experiences please?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traffic and Police in India
- 2 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 New Thai Visa
- 6 New Years in Japan
- 7 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 8 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 9 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 10 3 weeks in Japan
- 11 A first time for everything in Japan
- 12 India Tour Companies
- 13 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 14 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 17 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 18 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 19 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 20 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 21 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 22 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 23 Vietnam Dong
- 24 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 25 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
HELP - Which hotel in Phuket - Trisara, Anantara or Sheraton Grand Laguna