I am planning a trip for my parents (~age 60) and Sister (~ age 30) to PHUKET for 3-4 nights in early June 2011.
They would like to spend some time relaxing in their room, by the beach, dining and some shopping. They would like to take a 1/2 day or 1 day excursion to a nearby island.
I have got quotes from three hotels that we are considering:
1) Trisara - ~ US Dollars 600 (incl. tax) a night for an Oceanfront Pool Villa, with breakfast and round trip airport transfer
2) Anantara - ~US Dollars 500 (incl. tax) a night for a Sala Pool Villa with breakfast
3) Sheraton Grande Laguna - ~275 (incl. tax) a night for a Private Pool Villa (supposedly 3 bedroom) including breakfast
They are not going on a honeymoon, however would like to be comfortable, enjoy some good food and sights, and be away from touts as much as possible.
As their stay is short, price is not the main criteria, however, if the Sheraton is equally good for their needs as the Trisara, then we don't mind saving a bit.
Any suggestions/experiences please?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 Bangkok Taxis
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 6 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 9 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 10 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 11 A month in central Asia
- 12 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 15 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 favorite activities in krabi area
- 19 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 20 Cambodia arrival visa
- 21 Itinerary feedback please
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 24 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 25 Singapore with kids
HELP - Which hotel in Phuket - Trisara, Anantara or Sheraton Grand Laguna