I am planning a trip for my parents (~age 60) and Sister (~ age 30) to PHUKET for 3-4 nights in early June 2011.
They would like to spend some time relaxing in their room, by the beach, dining and some shopping. They would like to take a 1/2 day or 1 day excursion to a nearby island.
I have got quotes from three hotels that we are considering:
1) Trisara - ~ US Dollars 600 (incl. tax) a night for an Oceanfront Pool Villa, with breakfast and round trip airport transfer
2) Anantara - ~US Dollars 500 (incl. tax) a night for a Sala Pool Villa with breakfast
3) Sheraton Grande Laguna - ~275 (incl. tax) a night for a Private Pool Villa (supposedly 3 bedroom) including breakfast
They are not going on a honeymoon, however would like to be comfortable, enjoy some good food and sights, and be away from touts as much as possible.
As their stay is short, price is not the main criteria, however, if the Sheraton is equally good for their needs as the Trisara, then we don't mind saving a bit.
Any suggestions/experiences please?
HELP - Which hotel in Phuket - Trisara, Anantara or Sheraton Grand Laguna
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Which Putu in Bali????
- 5 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 Japan, japan
- 8 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 11 Hong Kong restaurants
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 15 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 16 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 17 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 18 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 21 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 22 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 23 How safe is Delhi/India
- 24 Malaria
- 25 Vietnam and coffee