I am planning a trip for my parents (~age 60) and Sister (~ age 30) to PHUKET for 3-4 nights in early June 2011.
They would like to spend some time relaxing in their room, by the beach, dining and some shopping. They would like to take a 1/2 day or 1 day excursion to a nearby island.
I have got quotes from three hotels that we are considering:
1) Trisara - ~ US Dollars 600 (incl. tax) a night for an Oceanfront Pool Villa, with breakfast and round trip airport transfer
2) Anantara - ~US Dollars 500 (incl. tax) a night for a Sala Pool Villa with breakfast
3) Sheraton Grande Laguna - ~275 (incl. tax) a night for a Private Pool Villa (supposedly 3 bedroom) including breakfast
They are not going on a honeymoon, however would like to be comfortable, enjoy some good food and sights, and be away from touts as much as possible.
As their stay is short, price is not the main criteria, however, if the Sheraton is equally good for their needs as the Trisara, then we don't mind saving a bit.
Any suggestions/experiences please?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 2 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 3 Visiting China - must be tour
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 6 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 7 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 8 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 9 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 10 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 11 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 12 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 13 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 14 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 15 India Trip Report
- 16 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 17 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 19 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 20 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 21 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 22 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 23 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 24 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 25 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
HELP - Which hotel in Phuket - Trisara, Anantara or Sheraton Grand Laguna