We are going to go with my mom to the Maldives after visiting Sri Lanka. She is 73 and in amazing shape and wants to snorkel in the Maldives as it one of her travel destination dreams therefore I want to make the best choice as we live in the United States and will most likely not be going back. Her priority is a great house reef for easy snorkeling access. We have checked out Mirihi but they said they have a minimum of one week stay. We are looking at probably 4 nights maximum and would probably rather take a boat but could take the sea plane if we have to. The other place that seems to recommended a lot is a hotel with a wonderful reef but the majority of the visitors are German. As we obviously don't speak German I don't know if that would be a social, fun environment if we were the only Americans. We also looked at Angsana Ihuru which looked nice but the style seems a little too contemporary and I read some issues regarding the erosion and the sandbags. Since we are a couple and will be with my mom we don't want a place for honeymooners only and we definitively don't want a place for kids and families. I work with children so on vacation would like a little break. We will be traveling in March which should a good time of year. With great snorkeling as well as a relaxed casual atmosphere as the top priority and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I really want to fulfill my mom's bucket list dream. What is funny is that for me, I would rather go the India to see the tigers but since we are going to do so close to Maldives I really want to do this for her.
HELP!!!-Need to pick the right hotel
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 3 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 4 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 5 Places to visit in India in October
- 6 Amphawa Floating Market
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 9 Currency in South Korea
- 10 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 11 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 12 Krabi island tours
- 13 6 full days in Yagoon
- 14 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 17 Malaysian honeymoon
- 18 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 19 Myanmar itinerary help
- 20 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 23 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 24 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 25 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?