We are going to go with my mom to the Maldives after visiting Sri Lanka. She is 73 and in amazing shape and wants to snorkel in the Maldives as it one of her travel destination dreams therefore I want to make the best choice as we live in the United States and will most likely not be going back. Her priority is a great house reef for easy snorkeling access. We have checked out Mirihi but they said they have a minimum of one week stay. We are looking at probably 4 nights maximum and would probably rather take a boat but could take the sea plane if we have to. The other place that seems to recommended a lot is a hotel with a wonderful reef but the majority of the visitors are German. As we obviously don't speak German I don't know if that would be a social, fun environment if we were the only Americans. We also looked at Angsana Ihuru which looked nice but the style seems a little too contemporary and I read some issues regarding the erosion and the sandbags. Since we are a couple and will be with my mom we don't want a place for honeymooners only and we definitively don't want a place for kids and families. I work with children so on vacation would like a little break. We will be traveling in March which should a good time of year. With great snorkeling as well as a relaxed casual atmosphere as the top priority and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I really want to fulfill my mom's bucket list dream. What is funny is that for me, I would rather go the India to see the tigers but since we are going to do so close to Maldives I really want to do this for her.
HELP!!!-Need to pick the right hotel
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 2 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 3 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 4 Bali in begging of July
- 5 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 6 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 7 Bali - January 2015
- 8 Hiring a car and driver in Bali
- 9 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 10 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 12 meeting at beijing airport
- 13 One week in Tokyo
- 14 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 17 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 18 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 19 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 20 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 Hotel in Singapore
- 22 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 23 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 24 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 25 Visa Cambodia