We are going to go with my mom to the Maldives after visiting Sri Lanka. She is 73 and in amazing shape and wants to snorkel in the Maldives as it one of her travel destination dreams therefore I want to make the best choice as we live in the United States and will most likely not be going back. Her priority is a great house reef for easy snorkeling access. We have checked out Mirihi but they said they have a minimum of one week stay. We are looking at probably 4 nights maximum and would probably rather take a boat but could take the sea plane if we have to. The other place that seems to recommended a lot is a hotel with a wonderful reef but the majority of the visitors are German. As we obviously don't speak German I don't know if that would be a social, fun environment if we were the only Americans. We also looked at Angsana Ihuru which looked nice but the style seems a little too contemporary and I read some issues regarding the erosion and the sandbags. Since we are a couple and will be with my mom we don't want a place for honeymooners only and we definitively don't want a place for kids and families. I work with children so on vacation would like a little break. We will be traveling in March which should a good time of year. With great snorkeling as well as a relaxed casual atmosphere as the top priority and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I really want to fulfill my mom's bucket list dream. What is funny is that for me, I would rather go the India to see the tigers but since we are going to do so close to Maldives I really want to do this for her.
HELP!!!-Need to pick the right hotel
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 3 Magical India
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 South East Asia
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 9 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 12 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 13 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 14 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 15 Indian Visa
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 18 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 19 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 20 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 21 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"