We are going to go with my mom to the Maldives after visiting Sri Lanka. She is 73 and in amazing shape and wants to snorkel in the Maldives as it one of her travel destination dreams therefore I want to make the best choice as we live in the United States and will most likely not be going back. Her priority is a great house reef for easy snorkeling access. We have checked out Mirihi but they said they have a minimum of one week stay. We are looking at probably 4 nights maximum and would probably rather take a boat but could take the sea plane if we have to. The other place that seems to recommended a lot is a hotel with a wonderful reef but the majority of the visitors are German. As we obviously don't speak German I don't know if that would be a social, fun environment if we were the only Americans. We also looked at Angsana Ihuru which looked nice but the style seems a little too contemporary and I read some issues regarding the erosion and the sandbags. Since we are a couple and will be with my mom we don't want a place for honeymooners only and we definitively don't want a place for kids and families. I work with children so on vacation would like a little break. We will be traveling in March which should a good time of year. With great snorkeling as well as a relaxed casual atmosphere as the top priority and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I really want to fulfill my mom's bucket list dream. What is funny is that for me, I would rather go the India to see the tigers but since we are going to do so close to Maldives I really want to do this for her.
HELP!!!-Need to pick the right hotel
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Ubud Tips
- 3 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 7 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 8 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 9 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 10 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 First time to srilanka
- 15 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 16 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 17 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 20 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 21 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 22 Nepal
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!