We are going to go with my mom to the Maldives after visiting Sri Lanka. She is 73 and in amazing shape and wants to snorkel in the Maldives as it one of her travel destination dreams therefore I want to make the best choice as we live in the United States and will most likely not be going back. Her priority is a great house reef for easy snorkeling access. We have checked out Mirihi but they said they have a minimum of one week stay. We are looking at probably 4 nights maximum and would probably rather take a boat but could take the sea plane if we have to. The other place that seems to recommended a lot is a hotel with a wonderful reef but the majority of the visitors are German. As we obviously don't speak German I don't know if that would be a social, fun environment if we were the only Americans. We also looked at Angsana Ihuru which looked nice but the style seems a little too contemporary and I read some issues regarding the erosion and the sandbags. Since we are a couple and will be with my mom we don't want a place for honeymooners only and we definitively don't want a place for kids and families. I work with children so on vacation would like a little break. We will be traveling in March which should a good time of year. With great snorkeling as well as a relaxed casual atmosphere as the top priority and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I really want to fulfill my mom's bucket list dream. What is funny is that for me, I would rather go the India to see the tigers but since we are going to do so close to Maldives I really want to do this for her.
HELP!!!-Need to pick the right hotel
- 1 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 2 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 3 white sand beaches in thailand
- 4 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 5 Udaipur, India
- 6 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 7 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 10 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 11 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 12 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 13 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 14 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 15 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 16 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 17 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 18 where to go in SE Asia
- 19 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 20 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 21 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 22 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 23 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 24 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 25 trip report to tajmahal agra india