I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 2 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Bangkok Taxis
- 5 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 9 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 10 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 11 A month in central Asia
- 12 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 15 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 favorite activities in krabi area
- 19 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 20 Cambodia arrival visa
- 21 Itinerary feedback please
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 24 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 25 Singapore with kids
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an