I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Twin rooms in Japan
- 4 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 7 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 11 sri lanka- tips required
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 15 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 16 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 17 Christmas in the Alps
- 18 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 19 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 20 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 24 Bali & Singapore in October
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an