I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 3 travel in Vietnam for for Hong Kong citizens
- 4 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 6 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 7 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Trekking outside Sapa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Place to stay Hue
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 14 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 15 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 16 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 17 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 18 Go to Pai or not?
- 19 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 20 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 21 Thai Island Itinerary
- 22 Thailand
- 23 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 24 Asian Pillows
- 25 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an