I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 2 Changing planes at Dubai
- 3 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 6 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 14 days in Myanmar
- 10 Indian Food Series
- 11 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 12 "necessities" for India
- 13 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 14 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 15 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 16 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 17 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 18 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 19 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Short trip to Myanmar
- 21 ATMs in Japan
- 22 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 23 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 24 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an