I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Traffic and Police in India
- 6 Serendipity Srilanka
- 7 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 8 New Thai Visa
- 9 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 New Years in Japan
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Sri Lanka in December
- 14 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 15 january 31 in colombo
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 18 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 19 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 20 3 weeks in Japan
- 21 A first time for everything in Japan
- 22 India Tour Companies
- 23 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 24 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 25 Kerala House Boat book online?
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an