I am a 42 year old,Canadian woman who for various reasons hasn't travelled in 15 years to a foreign country. I do love to travel, and have done lots of domestic travel, but have been afraid of Asia! Sadly,and embarrassingly I know nothing of the culture, food, customs etc.Due to unusual circumstances and the chance to bond with my dad on a crazy adventure I just booked a trip today to go to Singapore with him(73 years old). We are both adventurous,and fun, but dont want to rough it too much or spend too much money.We are leaving in August and havent decided yet when to return to Canada (perhaps 10 days). We both love culture, the arts,and surprisingly shopping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. What should I be reading? Kelly
HELP !!! I'M AFRAID OF ASIA
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 6 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 7 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 8 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 9 What I like about Mumbai
- 10 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 11 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 12 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 13 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 14 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 15 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 18 Connaught Place
- 19 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 20 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 21 Nepal- recipe?
- 22 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 23 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 24 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 25 New Hanoi Hotel opening