I am a 42 year old,Canadian woman who for various reasons hasn't travelled in 15 years to a foreign country. I do love to travel, and have done lots of domestic travel, but have been afraid of Asia! Sadly,and embarrassingly I know nothing of the culture, food, customs etc.Due to unusual circumstances and the chance to bond with my dad on a crazy adventure I just booked a trip today to go to Singapore with him(73 years old). We are both adventurous,and fun, but dont want to rough it too much or spend too much money.We are leaving in August and havent decided yet when to return to Canada (perhaps 10 days). We both love culture, the arts,and surprisingly shopping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. What should I be reading? Kelly
HELP !!! I'M AFRAID OF ASIA
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 5 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 6 Anyone in Bangkok
- 7 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 8 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 9 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 12 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 13 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 14 Travel Insurance
- 15 South East Asia
- 16 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 17 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 18 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 19 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 20 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 21 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines