I am a 42 year old,Canadian woman who for various reasons hasn't travelled in 15 years to a foreign country. I do love to travel, and have done lots of domestic travel, but have been afraid of Asia! Sadly,and embarrassingly I know nothing of the culture, food, customs etc.Due to unusual circumstances and the chance to bond with my dad on a crazy adventure I just booked a trip today to go to Singapore with him(73 years old). We are both adventurous,and fun, but dont want to rough it too much or spend too much money.We are leaving in August and havent decided yet when to return to Canada (perhaps 10 days). We both love culture, the arts,and surprisingly shopping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. What should I be reading? Kelly
HELP !!! I'M AFRAID OF ASIA
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 2 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 South Korea 5 days
- 5 Japan -OAT tour
- 6 Thai island escape
- 7 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 8 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 9 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 10 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 11 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 12 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 General question
- 16 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 17 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 18 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 19 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 20 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 21 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 22 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 23 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 24 Phuket Hotel
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA