I have a 2-week break from March 22 thru April 11th. My husband and I would like to take our 1st trip to Asia together during that time. We both love hiking, nature, and good food! My husband is a photographer so he would love amazing sites and scenery to photograph. For me, experiencing the local culture first-hand is very important, and I am really drawn to the Buddhist temples I've seen in countless photos. We do not want to travel with an organized group. Right now, we are partial to Nepal and Thailand, but it may just be because we know the most about these places. I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions, particularly guidance about the best locations weather-wise during the time we would be there.
Help Choosing Location for 1st Trip to Asia!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 2 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 3 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 4 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 5 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 6 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 7 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 8 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 9 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 10 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 11 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 12 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 13 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 14 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 15 India and Nepal 2014
- 16 July itinerary in Japan
- 17 Where in Bali should we stay
- 18 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 19 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 20 Vietnam or Brazil
- 21 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 22 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 23 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 24 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 25 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!