I have a 2-week break from March 22 thru April 11th. My husband and I would like to take our 1st trip to Asia together during that time. We both love hiking, nature, and good food! My husband is a photographer so he would love amazing sites and scenery to photograph. For me, experiencing the local culture first-hand is very important, and I am really drawn to the Buddhist temples I've seen in countless photos. We do not want to travel with an organized group. Right now, we are partial to Nepal and Thailand, but it may just be because we know the most about these places. I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions, particularly guidance about the best locations weather-wise during the time we would be there.
Help Choosing Location for 1st Trip to Asia!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 4 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 5 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 6 Need a guide in Burma?
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 9 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 10 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 11 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 12 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 13 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 14 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 15 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 16 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 17 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 18 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 19 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 20 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 21 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 22 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 23 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 24 Kashmir today
- 25 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014