I have a 2-week break from March 22 thru April 11th. My husband and I would like to take our 1st trip to Asia together during that time. We both love hiking, nature, and good food! My husband is a photographer so he would love amazing sites and scenery to photograph. For me, experiencing the local culture first-hand is very important, and I am really drawn to the Buddhist temples I've seen in countless photos. We do not want to travel with an organized group. Right now, we are partial to Nepal and Thailand, but it may just be because we know the most about these places. I'd appreciate any advice and suggestions, particularly guidance about the best locations weather-wise during the time we would be there.
Help Choosing Location for 1st Trip to Asia!
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 2 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 3 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 4 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 7 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 8 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 10 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 11 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 12 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 13 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 14 Anyone in Bangkok
- 15 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 16 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 19 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 20 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 21 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 22 Travel Insurance
- 23 South East Asia
- 24 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 25 Buy India Sim card there or here?