I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 2 japan itenirary help
- 3 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Bali airport transportation
- 9 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 10 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 11 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 12 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 13 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 14 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 15 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 16 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 17 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 18 Passport for Indonesia
- 19 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 20 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 21 Is this crazy?
- 22 Dollar traveller cheques
- 23 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 24 India help with where to go
- 25 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.