I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 4 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 5 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 6 Myanmar tour companies
- 7 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 8 Touristy Thailand
- 9 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 10 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 11 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 12 A Victory Day Tour
- 13 3 weeks in Japan
- 14 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 17 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 18 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 19 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 20 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 21 A first time for everything in Japan
- 22 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide
- 23 Outlet Adapter Plugs For Sri Lanka And India
- 24 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice