I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Help! Absolutely clueless.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 4 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 5 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 9 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 10 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 11 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 12 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 13 Japan Itinerary for May
- 14 Thai island escape
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 17 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 20 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 South Korea 5 days
- 23 Japan -OAT tour
- 24 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 25 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu