I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 2 Passport
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Toddler twin travel in India
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 16 Amakusa island help
- 17 Japan Trip Delayed
- 18 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 19 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 20 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 21 Month long SE Asia trip
- 22 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 23 Cambodia weather
- 24 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 25 Weekend Breaks from Singapore