I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 Reset Password
- 2 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 3 Booking on the fly
- 4 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 5 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 6 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 7 Tea estates of Munnar
- 8 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 9 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 17 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 18 like my food
- 19 Laos or Kerala?
- 20 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 21 Portable wifi rental
- 22 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 24 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 25 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport