I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CNX late arrival?
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 The truth about elephant tourism
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 14 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 19 Phenom Penh
- 20 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 21 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 One day in Saigon
- 24 Bali private driver recommendation
- 25 North India Itinerary advice