I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 2 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 3 First time trip to Japan questions
- 4 Laos in the end of June
- 5 Japan & WiFi
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 8 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 9 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 10 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 13 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 14 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 15 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 16 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 17 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 18 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 19 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 20 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 21 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 22 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 23 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 Honeymoon in Bali