I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 4 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 5 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 8 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 9 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 10 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 11 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 14 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 15 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 16 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 17 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 18 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 19 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 20 Sulawesi
- 21 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 22 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 23 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 24 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 25 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!