I would very much appreciate some advice about SE Asia. We have never been further East from the UK than Eygpt but have spent many trips in the US and Caribbean. We will be flying to Perth on Boxing Day 2013 and spending a week with friends who live in the city. We have a spare week after that.
Our initial thoughts are to spend the second week somewhere in SE Asia rather than say Queensland. Flying back from Queensland would be hard work for our 7 year old who will have to be back in the UK for school in January.
Our home airport is Manchester UK and flying through Singapore makes much sense.
Can anyone suggest a destination within say 2 hours flying of Singapore. We like beaches, sailing, hiking, wildlife. We don't like overdevelopment but bearing in mind we will have our 7 year old son with us, we don't want to be too far from civilisation. We also prefer rental houses to hotels.
What is Bali like? Is it too commercialised ?
Help! Absolutely clueless.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 2 Travel to Golden triangle for Unforgettable Holidaying Experience
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 4 Proposal for extending Russia visa to Vietnam
- 5 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 6 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 7 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 11 China - Personal recommendations
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 13 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 14 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 15 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 16 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 17 Burma river cruise
- 18 china
- 19 Driving in Laos
- 20 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 21 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 22 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 23 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 24 Translation Help: Marathi
- 25 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES