Well, at 10:01 pm PST I booked 2 one way business class seats with Asiana BKK-Seoul-SFO (10 hour layover which we will spend with very good rate at airport Hyatt). I'm really pleased.
THEN after the lady had done ALL the paperwork etc, I saw a flight that has not been open before: Thai airlines to Nakita, 10 hour layover, then Nakita-SFO with ANA. I left things as they are but now have Doubts. There are 24 hours to change my mind. THOUGHTS?
I will also write this on the two other threads but want to thank everyone again for all your help in making these arrangements. We now have 80,000 mile award flights SFO-KTM, returning BKK-SFO, will do other leg with Druk Air (open jaw KTM-Paro. Paro-BKK) 6 nights in Nepal,
4 at Dwarika's and 1 at their resort (got truly great deal), final night at Hyatt. THANKS KATHIE for this idea.
THEN 16 nights in Bhutan, including Black Neck Crane Festival where children dress up like black necked cranes on Nov 11 and a 5 day trek hiking from Paro to Thimphu, before spending 2 nights in Thimphu, 2 in Paro, on our last day, doing the hike to Tiger Nest Monastery. (All this with just the two of us, (THANKS CRAIG) traveling with Noble Traveller, a tour operator owned by Tensing Norgay's (Everest first ascent with Sir Edmund Hillary) personable and competent son Dhamey.
Shifting gears again to spend three nights in Bangkok at either Anantara (junior suite) or the Penn if a super deal opens up. (have cancelable reservations at both)
I am excited and scared (hubris of making arrangement so far in advance, hoping for no Health Event), mostly excited and on to next step of learning phrases in Thai, Nepalese, Dzong, and Korean.
Namaste and Tashi Delek
mille grazie and once again thank you. I promise a trip report.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 iWeb Technologies Seo Company in Faridabad
- 2 Vietnam visa
- 3 Bali - What to do?
- 4 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 7 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 8 Sri Lanka advice
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Ryokan in Japan
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 13 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Itinerary & airport help
- 16 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 17 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 18 Train trip costs help please
- 19 Snapshots From Kerala
- 20 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 23 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 24 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time
- 25 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO