Well, at 10:01 pm PST I booked 2 one way business class seats with Asiana BKK-Seoul-SFO (10 hour layover which we will spend with very good rate at airport Hyatt). I'm really pleased.
THEN after the lady had done ALL the paperwork etc, I saw a flight that has not been open before: Thai airlines to Nakita, 10 hour layover, then Nakita-SFO with ANA. I left things as they are but now have Doubts. There are 24 hours to change my mind. THOUGHTS?
I will also write this on the two other threads but want to thank everyone again for all your help in making these arrangements. We now have 80,000 mile award flights SFO-KTM, returning BKK-SFO, will do other leg with Druk Air (open jaw KTM-Paro. Paro-BKK) 6 nights in Nepal,
4 at Dwarika's and 1 at their resort (got truly great deal), final night at Hyatt. THANKS KATHIE for this idea.
THEN 16 nights in Bhutan, including Black Neck Crane Festival where children dress up like black necked cranes on Nov 11 and a 5 day trek hiking from Paro to Thimphu, before spending 2 nights in Thimphu, 2 in Paro, on our last day, doing the hike to Tiger Nest Monastery. (All this with just the two of us, (THANKS CRAIG) traveling with Noble Traveller, a tour operator owned by Tensing Norgay's (Everest first ascent with Sir Edmund Hillary) personable and competent son Dhamey.
Shifting gears again to spend three nights in Bangkok at either Anantara (junior suite) or the Penn if a super deal opens up. (have cancelable reservations at both)
I am excited and scared (hubris of making arrangement so far in advance, hoping for no Health Event), mostly excited and on to next step of learning phrases in Thai, Nepalese, Dzong, and Korean.
Namaste and Tashi Delek
mille grazie and once again thank you. I promise a trip report.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka, aquarium?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 First time trip to Japan questions
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 18 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 19 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 22 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 23 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 24 Bangkok Taxis
- 25 3 weeks - first time SEA
Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO