Well, at 10:01 pm PST I booked 2 one way business class seats with Asiana BKK-Seoul-SFO (10 hour layover which we will spend with very good rate at airport Hyatt). I'm really pleased.
THEN after the lady had done ALL the paperwork etc, I saw a flight that has not been open before: Thai airlines to Nakita, 10 hour layover, then Nakita-SFO with ANA. I left things as they are but now have Doubts. There are 24 hours to change my mind. THOUGHTS?
I will also write this on the two other threads but want to thank everyone again for all your help in making these arrangements. We now have 80,000 mile award flights SFO-KTM, returning BKK-SFO, will do other leg with Druk Air (open jaw KTM-Paro. Paro-BKK) 6 nights in Nepal,
4 at Dwarika's and 1 at their resort (got truly great deal), final night at Hyatt. THANKS KATHIE for this idea.
THEN 16 nights in Bhutan, including Black Neck Crane Festival where children dress up like black necked cranes on Nov 11 and a 5 day trek hiking from Paro to Thimphu, before spending 2 nights in Thimphu, 2 in Paro, on our last day, doing the hike to Tiger Nest Monastery. (All this with just the two of us, (THANKS CRAIG) traveling with Noble Traveller, a tour operator owned by Tensing Norgay's (Everest first ascent with Sir Edmund Hillary) personable and competent son Dhamey.
Shifting gears again to spend three nights in Bangkok at either Anantara (junior suite) or the Penn if a super deal opens up. (have cancelable reservations at both)
I am excited and scared (hubris of making arrangement so far in advance, hoping for no Health Event), mostly excited and on to next step of learning phrases in Thai, Nepalese, Dzong, and Korean.
Namaste and Tashi Delek
mille grazie and once again thank you. I promise a trip report.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 무료야마토 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 무료손오공 ▶ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 currency conversion
- 7 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 8 Help - India take 2
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 CNX late arrival?
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 19 is this a good travel plan?
- 20 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 21 Phenom Penh
- 22 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 23 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 One day in Saigon
Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO