Well, at 10:01 pm PST I booked 2 one way business class seats with Asiana BKK-Seoul-SFO (10 hour layover which we will spend with very good rate at airport Hyatt). I'm really pleased.
THEN after the lady had done ALL the paperwork etc, I saw a flight that has not been open before: Thai airlines to Nakita, 10 hour layover, then Nakita-SFO with ANA. I left things as they are but now have Doubts. There are 24 hours to change my mind. THOUGHTS?
I will also write this on the two other threads but want to thank everyone again for all your help in making these arrangements. We now have 80,000 mile award flights SFO-KTM, returning BKK-SFO, will do other leg with Druk Air (open jaw KTM-Paro. Paro-BKK) 6 nights in Nepal,
4 at Dwarika's and 1 at their resort (got truly great deal), final night at Hyatt. THANKS KATHIE for this idea.
THEN 16 nights in Bhutan, including Black Neck Crane Festival where children dress up like black necked cranes on Nov 11 and a 5 day trek hiking from Paro to Thimphu, before spending 2 nights in Thimphu, 2 in Paro, on our last day, doing the hike to Tiger Nest Monastery. (All this with just the two of us, (THANKS CRAIG) traveling with Noble Traveller, a tour operator owned by Tensing Norgay's (Everest first ascent with Sir Edmund Hillary) personable and competent son Dhamey.
Shifting gears again to spend three nights in Bangkok at either Anantara (junior suite) or the Penn if a super deal opens up. (have cancelable reservations at both)
I am excited and scared (hubris of making arrangement so far in advance, hoping for no Health Event), mostly excited and on to next step of learning phrases in Thai, Nepalese, Dzong, and Korean.
Namaste and Tashi Delek
mille grazie and once again thank you. I promise a trip report.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 2 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 3 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 4 Passport
- 5 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 6 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 7 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 10 Amakusa island help
- 11 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 13 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 14 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 17 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 18 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 19 Japan Itinerary
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 Toddler twin travel in India
- 22 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 23 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 24 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 25 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO