My better half and I are very excited for our trip to Japan. Unfortunately, between the wedding, etc, etc, etc, we have not spent as much time planning it as we would of hoped. WE have some basic ideas, and now need some helpful hints from you guys.
Our itinerary (We will be there May 1st to May 17th):
1. Tokyo (Day 1-5) - so as to avoid the mayhem of golden week.
2. Niko - I assume we can include it during our stay in Tokyo
3. Hakone-Mount Fuji - Climb mount fuji and stay in Hakone that night -- Day 6/7
4. Honshu - Day 8
5. Kyoto - Day 9-12
6. Nara - day trip as part of Kyoto stay.
7. Osaka with trip to Mt. Koya - Day 13-14
8. Kurashiki - Day 15
9. Hiroshima-Day 16
10 Day 17- back to Tokyo and fly home.
The good/bad news is that we haven't booked anything yet... so this is flexible. The bad news is we prob should start nailing t hings down a bit.
1. What would you suggest in terms of overall flow of the trip? Does it make sense logistically?
2. Do you think we are staying in too many places and will spend more time checking in/out of places that sight seeing?
3. We will definitely book Tokyo from home. How hard would it be to leave it open ended and book as we go along? Sounds silly; however, this would allow us to adjust things easier. But booking while traveling might also be a hassle.
4. Should we knock a few things off our itinerary and go to Okinawa?
5. After golden week, how easy is it to travel on the train? I assume we will get JR passes, as it seems to be the most cost effective way .
Although we are on our honeymoon, we prefer to be very active (outdoors and cultural) and are big foodies.
Your frank advice would be greatly appreciated.
. Advice for nice ryokan to stay in Osaka and Kyoto.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 2 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 7 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 8 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 9 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 10 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 14 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 15 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 16 Totally unprepared
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 19 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 20 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 21 An island paradise?
- 22 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 23 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 24 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
HELP-- 17 day trip(Honeymoon) to Japan in 2weeks. Need advice.