My better half and I are very excited for our trip to Japan. Unfortunately, between the wedding, etc, etc, etc, we have not spent as much time planning it as we would of hoped. WE have some basic ideas, and now need some helpful hints from you guys.
Our itinerary (We will be there May 1st to May 17th):
1. Tokyo (Day 1-5) - so as to avoid the mayhem of golden week.
2. Niko - I assume we can include it during our stay in Tokyo
3. Hakone-Mount Fuji - Climb mount fuji and stay in Hakone that night -- Day 6/7
4. Honshu - Day 8
5. Kyoto - Day 9-12
6. Nara - day trip as part of Kyoto stay.
7. Osaka with trip to Mt. Koya - Day 13-14
8. Kurashiki - Day 15
9. Hiroshima-Day 16
10 Day 17- back to Tokyo and fly home.
The good/bad news is that we haven't booked anything yet... so this is flexible. The bad news is we prob should start nailing t hings down a bit.
1. What would you suggest in terms of overall flow of the trip? Does it make sense logistically?
2. Do you think we are staying in too many places and will spend more time checking in/out of places that sight seeing?
3. We will definitely book Tokyo from home. How hard would it be to leave it open ended and book as we go along? Sounds silly; however, this would allow us to adjust things easier. But booking while traveling might also be a hassle.
4. Should we knock a few things off our itinerary and go to Okinawa?
5. After golden week, how easy is it to travel on the train? I assume we will get JR passes, as it seems to be the most cost effective way .
Although we are on our honeymoon, we prefer to be very active (outdoors and cultural) and are big foodies.
Your frank advice would be greatly appreciated.
. Advice for nice ryokan to stay in Osaka and Kyoto.
HELP-- 17 day trip(Honeymoon) to Japan in 2weeks. Need advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2nd location on the beach
- 2 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 3 Thailand - Food recos
- 4 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 7 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 8 Laos for the backpacker
- 9 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 10 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 11 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 12 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 13 Thailand Hotel
- 14 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 15 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 16 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 17 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 18 vietnam and laos
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 21 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 22 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 23 5 nights in Japan.
- 24 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 25 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?