I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 Help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 3 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 4 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 5 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 6 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 7 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 8 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 9 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 10 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 11 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 12 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 15 Bye bye SE Asia
- 16 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 17 One night in Osaka
- 18 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 19 Laos planning.
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 Japan - costs
- 22 Japan for Foodies
- 23 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 24 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 25 Japan Rail Pass