I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 3 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 4 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 5 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 8 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 13 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 14 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 15 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 16 India
- 17 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 18 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 19 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 20 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 21 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 22 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 23 Penang
- 24 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 25 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip