I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Dollar traveller cheques
- 2 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 3 http://brainammofacts.com/alpha-boost-scam/
- 4 V Tight Gel
- 5 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 6 Halong Bay cruise
- 7 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 8 India help with where to go
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 Hoi An in December?
- 12 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 13 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 14 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 15 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 18 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 19 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 20 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 21 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 22 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 23 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 24 Is this crazy?
- 25 In Seoul for one day