I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 When to go to Japan in April 2015 (blossoms but avoiding Golden Week)
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 A wow spot
- 5 climbing in Vietnam
- 6 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 7 Vegan food in Japan?
- 8 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 9 A quick breakfast in Hong Kong
- 10 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 11 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 12 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 13 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 14 Which Thai island: Ko Phangan, Ko Koh Kao - or another island???
- 15 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 16 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 17 Jw Marriott Phuket or Kho Lak.
- 18 Japan over the New Year
- 19 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 20 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 21 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 22 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 23 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 24 SIM card
- 25 SHOWER IN HONG KONG AIRPORT