I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 2 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 3 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 4 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 5 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 6 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 7 Two questions about Thailand
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 9 meeting at beijing airport
- 10 Bali - January 2015
- 11 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 12 Where to eat a traditional Korean banquet in Seoul?
- 13 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 14 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 15 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 16 Bali in begging of July
- 17 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 18 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 19 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 20 Which itinerary Vietnam ?
- 21 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 22 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 23 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 24 Places to visit in India in October
- 25 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi