I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 3 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 4 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 7 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 8 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 9 Nepal
- 10 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 11 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 12 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 15 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 16 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 17 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 18 1st time Japan - solo female
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 23 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 24 Odyssey unlimited
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?