I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 5 Japn tour 10 nights
- 6 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 7 My visit to Vietnam
- 8 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 9 Nepal
- 10 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 11 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 12 My visit to Thailand
- 13 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 14 Gutted!
- 15 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 16 5 weeks in Japan
- 17 My visit to Lao
- 18 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 21 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 22 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 23 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 24 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 25 New Member