I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 2 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 6 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 7 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 8 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 9 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 10 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 11 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 14 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 15 A great trip in India
- 16 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 17 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 18 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 19 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 20 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 21 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 22 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 23 Hanoi Hotel
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Need help choosing a tour company.