I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 2 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 4 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 5 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 6 meeting at beijing airport
- 7 One week in Tokyo
- 8 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 11 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 12 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 13 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 14 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 16 Hotel in Singapore
- 17 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 18 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 19 Bali - January 2015
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Visa Cambodia
- 22 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 23 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 24 Two questions about Thailand
- 25 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan