I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
- 1 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 2 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 3 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 4 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 5 white sand beaches in thailand
- 6 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 7 Udaipur, India
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 Cell Phones in India
- 10 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 11 India, What Can I Say!
- 12 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 13 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 14 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 15 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 16 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 17 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 18 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 19 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 20 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 21 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 22 Wildlife Tour of India
- 23 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 24 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 25 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta