I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 5 Connaught Place
- 6 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 9 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 10 My SEA trip - photos update
- 11 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 14 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 15 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 16 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 17 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 18 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 19 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 20 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 21 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 22 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 23 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 24 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 25 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food