I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 7 Tigerwalah Experience
- 8 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 9 Where best to stay in Penang
- 10 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 11 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 12 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 15 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 16 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 17 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 18 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 19 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 20 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 21 Private guide and driver for India
- 22 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 23 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 24 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 25 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable