I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaria
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 9 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 10 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 11 Cherry blossom
- 12 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 13 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 18 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 19 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 20 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 21 Malaysia in September
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 23 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report