I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 2 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 3 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 First trip to Japan
- 6 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 7 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 8 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 9 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 10 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 11 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 12 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 13 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 14 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 15 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 16 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 17 Northern India in June
- 18 Hakone Free Pass
- 19 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 20 OAT trip to India
- 21 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 22 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 23 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 24 Castle & King tour operator review
- 25 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?