I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 2 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 3 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 4 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 5 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 10 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 11 Angkor - when to go?
- 12 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 13 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 14 India with 4 kids
- 15 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 16 Destination Bangkok, again
- 17 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation