I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help needed
- 2 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Sri Lanka Visa
- 5 Hoi Ann hotel
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 9 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 10 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 11 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 12 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 13 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake