I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India and Nepal 2014
- 2 India and Nepal 2014
- 3 Independent female traveller
- 4 Tour company practices
- 5 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 8 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 9 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 10 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 11 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 12 Help! Which to choose?
- 13 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 14 North Vietnam Again!
- 15 Passport Safety
- 16 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 Castle & King
- 19 Mt Aso Eruption
- 20 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 21 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 24 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 25 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia