I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nature Walks and Hikes
- 2 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 3 Visa for India
- 4 Xi'an advice please
- 5 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 6 How are your experiences with Nepal?
- 7 Hakone accommodation options
- 8 Buying jewelry in India
- 9 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 10 Seoul and Japan in 3 weeks
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 13 Group (non-private) Tours of South Korea
- 14 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 15 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 16 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 17 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 18 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 19 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 20 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 21 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 24 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 25 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!