I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 3 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 6 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 7 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 8 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 9 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 10 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 11 Restaurants in Singapore
- 12 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 13 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 14 Where to go?
- 15 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 16 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 17 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 18 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 Which airport for Tokyo
- 21 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 22 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 23 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 24 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 25 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border