I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaysia travel route help!
- 2 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 3 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 4 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 8 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 best dining in Kyoto
- 11 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 12 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 13 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 14 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 15 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 16 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 17 2-3 days in Georgia
- 18 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 19 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 20 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 21 Travel Insurance
- 22 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 23 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 24 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 25 6.5 days in Java and Bali