I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 2 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 3 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Indonesian visa update
- 7 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 8 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Vietnam October 2014
- 13 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 14 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 15 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 16 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 17 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 18 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Myranmar VISA
- 23 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 24 slightly... paranoid parent
- 25 Takayama vs. Matsumoto