I'm in Tokyo and had my first day of sightseeing. My feet hurt so resting a while before I hit the streets again for dinner!I made my major screw up when I got here yesterday(i lost my luggage...yes you read right. i've got it now) so hopefully everything will be golden for the rest of the week.
It is really easy to get around..I thought you guys were joking! It's all about the colors if you get that down you are 90% there. Arrows everywhere point you to the direction you should be heading towards.
I've pretty much avoided rush hour so haven't had a train yet that's packed to the gills.
I got a passnet card for the subway lines and it was really easy to use the ticket machine.
For anyone coming to Tokyo, wear comfortable shoes! Not only flat but cushy. I see women here wearing high heels and I don't know how they can do it. Of course they aren't traipsing the city but still!
I studied some basic phrases before coming so communicating hasn't been a problem. I'm very far from fluent however, so I have had to rely on English in a few situations and it hasn't been a problem at all either way.
So far I've been to the Sony building in Ginza and have I think covered just about everything in Roppongi Hills entertainment complex including the Mori Art Museum (beautiful exhibits) and the Observatory.
Temple hopping tomorrow..as for tonight, who knows.
Hello from Tokyo
- 1 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 2 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 3 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 4 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 5 South East Asia
- 6 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 9 India's Online VISA Application
- 10 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 11 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 12 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 13 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 14 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 15 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 16 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 19 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 22 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 23 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 24 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 25 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram