So my friend and I are headed to Thailand June 17th-July 8th. We are wanting to spend our first week in the southern, beachy areas... I realize it is Monsoon along the Andaman, so I have been looking at place along the Gulf, such as Koh Samui. I would LOVE your suggestions as to which island we should stay on. We may also be willing (dep on travel time) island hopping a bit--any advice on this?
ALSO, I have no clue as to how much spending money (e.g. hotels, food, activities) to budget for. I realize it will be low season while we are there and that prices vary considerable, so I'd love some advice from experience Thailand travelers as to how much I should plan for. We aren't looking for top of the line accommodations, more mid-range, we'd love to take some thai cooking classes, get massages, maybe partake in some boating/kayaking/other activities.
ps. We plan to spend a few days in Bangkok, a week in the South, and another week in Chiang Mai.
Please! Any help/advice would be so so great! The internet has a wealth of information, but it is so much to filter through.
Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 help with itinerary!
- 5 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 7 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 8 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 9 Christmas Time in India
- 10 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 11 Having doubts with China
- 12 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 13 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 14 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 15 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 16 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 17 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 18 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 19 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 20 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 21 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 22 Myanmar podcast
- 23 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 24 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 25 Burma with a toddler