So my friend and I are headed to Thailand June 17th-July 8th. We are wanting to spend our first week in the southern, beachy areas... I realize it is Monsoon along the Andaman, so I have been looking at place along the Gulf, such as Koh Samui. I would LOVE your suggestions as to which island we should stay on. We may also be willing (dep on travel time) island hopping a bit--any advice on this?
ALSO, I have no clue as to how much spending money (e.g. hotels, food, activities) to budget for. I realize it will be low season while we are there and that prices vary considerable, so I'd love some advice from experience Thailand travelers as to how much I should plan for. We aren't looking for top of the line accommodations, more mid-range, we'd love to take some thai cooking classes, get massages, maybe partake in some boating/kayaking/other activities.
ps. We plan to spend a few days in Bangkok, a week in the South, and another week in Chiang Mai.
Please! Any help/advice would be so so great! The internet has a wealth of information, but it is so much to filter through.
Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 2 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 5 Kashmir today
- 6 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 7 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 8 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 9 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 10 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 13 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 14 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 15 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 16 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 17 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 18 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 19 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 20 Triple Room in Singapore
- 21 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 22 What I like about Mumbai
- 23 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 24 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 25 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary