So my friend and I are headed to Thailand June 17th-July 8th. We are wanting to spend our first week in the southern, beachy areas... I realize it is Monsoon along the Andaman, so I have been looking at place along the Gulf, such as Koh Samui. I would LOVE your suggestions as to which island we should stay on. We may also be willing (dep on travel time) island hopping a bit--any advice on this?
ALSO, I have no clue as to how much spending money (e.g. hotels, food, activities) to budget for. I realize it will be low season while we are there and that prices vary considerable, so I'd love some advice from experience Thailand travelers as to how much I should plan for. We aren't looking for top of the line accommodations, more mid-range, we'd love to take some thai cooking classes, get massages, maybe partake in some boating/kayaking/other activities.
ps. We plan to spend a few days in Bangkok, a week in the South, and another week in Chiang Mai.
Please! Any help/advice would be so so great! The internet has a wealth of information, but it is so much to filter through.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 3 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 6 sri lanka- tips required
- 7 base bangkok or manilla
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 10 Idiotic time zone question
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 13 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 14 Mount Koya
- 15 Sometahing is wrong
- 16 Twin rooms in Japan
- 17 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 18 Change my Itinerary?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 21 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 22 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 23 Impressions of India
- 24 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 25 India - remnants of the British Raj