So my friend and I are headed to Thailand June 17th-July 8th. We are wanting to spend our first week in the southern, beachy areas... I realize it is Monsoon along the Andaman, so I have been looking at place along the Gulf, such as Koh Samui. I would LOVE your suggestions as to which island we should stay on. We may also be willing (dep on travel time) island hopping a bit--any advice on this?
ALSO, I have no clue as to how much spending money (e.g. hotels, food, activities) to budget for. I realize it will be low season while we are there and that prices vary considerable, so I'd love some advice from experience Thailand travelers as to how much I should plan for. We aren't looking for top of the line accommodations, more mid-range, we'd love to take some thai cooking classes, get massages, maybe partake in some boating/kayaking/other activities.
ps. We plan to spend a few days in Bangkok, a week in the South, and another week in Chiang Mai.
Please! Any help/advice would be so so great! The internet has a wealth of information, but it is so much to filter through.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Online Flight Attendant and Pilot Training Courses
- 2 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 5 India in March and April??
- 6 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 7 Japan- National Holiday
- 8 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Passport
- 11 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 12 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 13 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 14 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 15 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 16 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 17 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 18 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 19 Amakusa island help
- 20 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 21 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 22 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 23 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 24 Japan Itinerary
- 25 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks