I have two weeks off in May and was thinking of visiting Xiahe and Langmusi. I was wondering if anyone has been to either of those two areas and what are your thoughts? Easy to get to and is either place worth a visit ?
My plan is the following:
1. fly into Beijing from the U.S.
2. spend a night in Beijing. Is there a hotel right in the airport or within walking distance of ?
3. fly next morning out to Lanzhou.
4. catch bus to Langmusi. Spend a couple of days there.
5. catch bus to Xiahe. Spend a couple of days there.
6. bus back to Lanzhou to fly back to Beijing and then fly home.
7. If I have an extra full day or two after #5 then I might squeeze in Xian. I've been there before but would love to revisit the Old Muslim quarter (and eat the food !) if time permit.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 4 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 10 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 11 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 12 Trekking outside Sapa
- 13 Place to stay Hue
- 14 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 Go to Pai or not?
- 19 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 20 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 21 Thai Island Itinerary
- 22 Thailand
- 23 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 24 Asian Pillows
- 25 Floods in North and Central Vietnam