I have been perusing the website to see what kind of deals are to be had for the Hakone area. It is a very expensive area and most of the hotels mentioned on this blog have been booked. I did find a simple guest house on the Yamanaka Lake, which serves breakfast and I think will serve our needs. We will have to be adept at speaking with our hands since our Japanese skill are nonexistent!
I was wondering how transportation is in that area. We are a family of 4, all adults , and will be taking the trains and other public transportation. We will be there 12/30-12/31, so I don't know if there is a reduced bus schedule due to the upcoming holiday.
Questions for the blog:
How do we get there?
Any recommendations about what to do there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 3 weeks in Japan
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 A first time for everything in Japan
- 5 India Tour Companies
- 6 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 7 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 8 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 9 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 15 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 16 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 17 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 18 Vietnam Dong
- 19 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 20 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 21 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
Has anyone been to the Yamanouchi guest house in Yamanakako by Mt. Fuji?