I have been perusing the website to see what kind of deals are to be had for the Hakone area. It is a very expensive area and most of the hotels mentioned on this blog have been booked. I did find a simple guest house on the Yamanaka Lake, which serves breakfast and I think will serve our needs. We will have to be adept at speaking with our hands since our Japanese skill are nonexistent!
I was wondering how transportation is in that area. We are a family of 4, all adults , and will be taking the trains and other public transportation. We will be there 12/30-12/31, so I don't know if there is a reduced bus schedule due to the upcoming holiday.
Questions for the blog:
How do we get there?
Any recommendations about what to do there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yangon & Bagan - Travel Agent or Independently?
- 2 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Bangkok Taxis
- 9 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 10 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 11 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 12 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 13 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 14 A month in central Asia
- 15 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 16 Something about... Malaysia
- 17 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 18 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 19 Osaka, aquarium?
- 20 favorite activities in krabi area
- 21 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 22 Cambodia arrival visa
- 23 Itinerary feedback please
- 24 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 25 24 day trip plan: early stages
Has anyone been to the Yamanouchi guest house in Yamanakako by Mt. Fuji?