I have been perusing the website to see what kind of deals are to be had for the Hakone area. It is a very expensive area and most of the hotels mentioned on this blog have been booked. I did find a simple guest house on the Yamanaka Lake, which serves breakfast and I think will serve our needs. We will have to be adept at speaking with our hands since our Japanese skill are nonexistent!
I was wondering how transportation is in that area. We are a family of 4, all adults , and will be taking the trains and other public transportation. We will be there 12/30-12/31, so I don't know if there is a reduced bus schedule due to the upcoming holiday.
Questions for the blog:
How do we get there?
Any recommendations about what to do there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GMAIL 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT GMAIL TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 3 India help needed
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Trekking outside Sapa
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 10 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 11 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 12 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 13 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 14 Go to Pai or not?
- 15 Ko Kraden hotels
- 16 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 17 Hoi Ann hotel
- 18 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 19 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 20 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 23 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 24 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 25 Thai Silk in Bangkok
Has anyone been to the Yamanouchi guest house in Yamanakako by Mt. Fuji?