I have been perusing the website to see what kind of deals are to be had for the Hakone area. It is a very expensive area and most of the hotels mentioned on this blog have been booked. I did find a simple guest house on the Yamanaka Lake, which serves breakfast and I think will serve our needs. We will have to be adept at speaking with our hands since our Japanese skill are nonexistent!
I was wondering how transportation is in that area. We are a family of 4, all adults , and will be taking the trains and other public transportation. We will be there 12/30-12/31, so I don't know if there is a reduced bus schedule due to the upcoming holiday.
Questions for the blog:
How do we get there?
Any recommendations about what to do there?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 6 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 7 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 11 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 12 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 13 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 15 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 16 Private tours in Northern India
- 17 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 18 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 19 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 20 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 21 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 22 Vietnam visa
- 23 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 24 Family Friendly Penang
- 25 Train trip costs help please
Has anyone been to the Yamanouchi guest house in Yamanakako by Mt. Fuji?