I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 4 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 6 help with itinerary!
- 7 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 8 Having doubts with China
- 9 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 10 Christmas Time in India
- 11 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 12 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 13 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 14 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 15 Myanmar podcast
- 16 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 17 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 18 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 19 Burma with a toddler
- 20 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 21 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 22 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 23 Bali wedding in villa
- 24 beaches in Thailand
- 25 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?