I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 6 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 7 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 8 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 9 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 11 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 12 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 15 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 16 hokkaido outskirts
- 17 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 18 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 19 July itinerary in Japan
- 20 India and Nepal 2014
- 21 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 22 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 23 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 24 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!