I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BEST OF NORTH VIET NAM TOUR
- 2 BEST THING TO DO IN SAPA OF VIET NAM
- 3 Sri Lanka - Does this seem right?
- 4 Where best to stay in Penang
- 5 Travels to Vietnam and Cambodia
- 6 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 7 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 8 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 11 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 12 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 13 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 14 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 15 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 16 Restaurants in Singapore
- 17 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 18 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 19 Where to go?
- 20 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 21 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 22 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 23 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 Which airport for Tokyo