I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 2 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 3 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 4 Art in Shanghai
- 5 One week in Thailand
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 8 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 9 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 12 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 13 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 14 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 15 Thailand mid-December
- 16 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 17 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 18 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 19 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 20 What I like about Mumbai
- 21 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 22 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 23 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 24 Indian visa
- 25 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?