I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 meeting at beijing airport
- 2 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 4 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 5 One week in Tokyo
- 6 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 7 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 11 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 12 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 13 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 14 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 15 Hotel in Singapore
- 16 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 17 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 18 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 19 Bali - January 2015
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Visa Cambodia
- 22 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 23 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 24 Two questions about Thailand
- 25 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan