I have re posted, so I can get some more opinions. I have read most of Cicerones answers and posts. The sheraton & the intercontinental is out of my range. I am in Hong Kong from Mar. 5 to 8th. I have read that at this time, most likely to be drizzly and foggy. My husband and I like to walk, and have on other trips, liked to stay in more residential neighbourhoods.,but I at first thought that staying near the water would be nice. We hope to spend one day hiring a driver and going to the new territories, I am not interested in Lantau and the Big Buddha, seems way too touristy. Will try to do the peak weather permitting, and want to walk through interesting neighbourhoods, see the Chi Lin Nunnery , Yuen Po St. Bird Garden,the museum of history, a few temples, perhaps the walled garden, stanley market, waterfront and ferry ride. However, now it seems that in Kowloon, it is much more crowded and touristy, and maybe I forget a view because of the time of year. I also cannot stay too high up because my husband can't do very high places. Cicerone suggested the Mercer, the courtyard marriott and the Bishop Lei International if staying on the island. I am concerned about the slow elevators for the Mercer, and the Bishop. although I am not sure if they mean the hotel elevators or the mid level elevators. Also the bishop has a low rate review? If I do stay on Kowloon, I had originally chosen either THe Langham Hotel, the Icon or the Mira, after reading some comments, the Icon is out due to location and height, the Mira seems small. The Langham seems ok if I can live without view. IL don't know why I cannot make up my mind, I am usually not that indecisive. Some more help please!!
Hard to decide!!Hotel confusion
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Phuket
- 10 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 11 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 12 India, What Can I Say!
- 13 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 14 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 15 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 16 Travel during China national week?
- 17 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 20 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 21 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 22 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 23 Angkor - when to go?
- 24 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 25 Honeymoon in december 2014