We are getting down to the wire on our trip to Sikkim and Bhutan, and just read a posting that made me stop and think. Someone commented on the hard beds, and I suddenly remembered the hard beds in Tibet. I hate to be a complainer, but I did have trouble sleeping in Tibet because the beds felt like a piece of wood. I often put the blanket underneath me to soften the "mattress". Are the beds in Bhutan pretty hard? I am thinking of bringing a pad if so. I know I can get one that is light and small since they are made for backpackers. Any comments?
Hard bed question
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 How safe is Delhi/India
- 9 Malaria
- 10 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 11 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 12 Vietnam and coffee
- 13 I'm going to Japan!
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?