I'm helping my brother in law plan a trip to Vietnam. He will be going in Mar/Apr 2017 and for approx 3-4 weeks.
The rough itinerary is (I've put it in this order from the places he would like to see):
- Halong Bay
- Da Nang
- Hoi An
- Nha Trang
I've only just started researching but I can see SaPa is the out of the way destination so I'm trying to figure out the best way to arrive and depart from there. My BIL is not fussy how he gets there.
I'd appreciate any suggestions on the SaPa to Hue leg (and any other feedback) as that seems to be a really long trip. Perhaps there's another stop people can recommend that is half way (other than Hanoi).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LENS
- 2 Best Train Food Service
- 3 Indian Food Series
- 4 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 "necessities" for India
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 Changing planes at Dubai
- 10 14 days in Myanmar
- 11 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 12 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 13 50th Anniversary trip
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Short trip to Myanmar
- 19 ATMs in Japan
- 20 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 21 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 22 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 25 Mandalay questions