We are traveling to SE Asia next August (family of four that travels frequently, kids 11 and 13). We will be in Hanoi for a couple of days at the beginning of our trip. I have heard great things about Hanoi Kids so we plan to ask them for a tour, based on what we would like to see. My question to all of you is - what highlights would you recommend? I would like the kids to learn along the way (historical, cultural, etc.) and also just have fun and/or do something that they wouldn't typically do at home in Seattle. For example, I was wondering about Tai Chi at the lake, or the former Hanoi Hilton. However, it sounds like it is very small now and that the war crimes are downplayed. We plan to do Museum of Ethnology on our own...
Thanks for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help - India take 2
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 50th Anniversary trip
- 6 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 7 CNX late arrival?
- 8 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 9 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 10 The truth about elephant tourism
- 11 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 12 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 13 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 16 is this a good travel plan?
- 17 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 18 Phenom Penh
- 19 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 20 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 21 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 22 One day in Saigon
- 23 Bali private driver recommendation
- 24 North India Itinerary advice
- 25 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i