I am travelling to Vietnam in April with my husband and two kids (6&8) While we have tours arranged for parts like Halong Bay and Sapa markets, I was planning on spending our two days in Hanoi by ourselves exploring.
My mother just had a well-travelled friend come back and said she thought the traffic and crossing streets so terrifying in Hanoi that she was not very comfortable going out on her own. (Granted I think crossing some of the major roads in Rome hair-raising and you just have to plunge in and go and hope for the best)
Considering we have the kids should we consider getting a guide to walk/drive us around the city.
I have done many places in Europe, Morocco, thailand on our own, China (with a private guide) so I am not intimidated by something more unusual.
- 1 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 2 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 3 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 4 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 5 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 6 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 7 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 8 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 9 India, What Can I Say!
- 10 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 11 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 12 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 13 Wildlife Tour of India
- 14 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 15 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 16 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 17 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 18 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 20 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 21 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 22 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 23 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 24 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 25 Photography Trip to Vietnam