I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 2 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 3 Being customs
- 4 Itinerary feedback please
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 8 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 9 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 13 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 Road Scholar tour in China
- 16 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 17 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 18 myanmar
- 19 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 20 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 21 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 22 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 23 A beach of choice on Samui
- 24 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 25 Travel India solo