I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi private guide
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 4 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 14 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 15 Japan Itinerary!
- 16 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 17 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 18 Thailand Guides
- 19 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 20 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 21 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 22 India itinerary critique please
- 23 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 24 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India