I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 2 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 3 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 4 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 Bangkok, day tours.
- 7 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 8 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 9 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 10 Kyushu in late September
- 11 hanoi eats
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 14 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 15 My First India Trip
- 16 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 17 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 18 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 5 days Japan
- 21 Bicycle riding required?
- 22 A train ride through Java
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 25 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali