I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 4 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 5 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 where to stay in Busan
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 Thai Jungle Experience
- 11 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 12 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 First time getting out of the country
- 15 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 20 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 21 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 25 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun