I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 2 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 3 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 4 Amakusa island help
- 5 Japan Trip Delayed
- 6 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 7 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 8 http://www.muscle4power.com/ion-z-pills/
- 9 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 10 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 11 Month long SE Asia trip
- 12 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 13 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 14 Cambodia weather
- 15 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 16 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 17 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 18 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 19 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 20 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 21 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 22 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 23 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 24 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 25 Visa Question - Cambodia