I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 2 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 Beijing tours
- 6 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 10 Takayama trail, Japan
- 11 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 12 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 13 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 14 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 15 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 18 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand