I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
- 1 South East Asia
- 2 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 3 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 4 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 5 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 6 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 7 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 8 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 9 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 13 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 14 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 15 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 16 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 17 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 18 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 19 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 20 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 21 Indian Visa
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 24 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 25 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?