I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
- 1 Cooking Class in Ubud, Bali
- 2 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 3 Japan Attractions
- 4 High Alert for Travelers! New Deadly Bird Flu in China
- 5 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 6 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 7 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 8 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 9 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 10 Wildlife Tour of India
- 11 Udaipur, India
- 12 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 13 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 14 Cell Phones in India
- 15 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 16 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 17 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 18 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 19 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 20 Kashmir or Nepal
- 21 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 22 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 23 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 24 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 25 white sand beaches in thailand