I will be going to Hanoi from Hong Kong in late April to meet up with some relatives who are on a tour of Vietnam (Gate 1). Since the flight cost from HK is ridiculous for a 530 mile flight ($500), my husband and I want to take a few extra days to see northern Vietnam. Sapa seems like a good bet - how long would you recommend there? We will probably have 3 days in Hanoi. Anything else near and easy to get to? I think Hue would be a bit too far. We were just in Borneo (Kinabatagan / KK) in late February (trip report coming...), so I am not looking for another river cruise / wildlife expedition. I need to get started on research on Vietnam but I figured this board was a good place to start
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 2 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 3 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 4 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 5 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 6 Hakone Free Pass
- 7 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 8 Castle & King tour operator review
- 9 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 10 First trip to Japan
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 What beach to choose?!?!
- 13 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 14 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 15 Singapore or Bali
- 16 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 17 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 18 RHK'S Spring trip
- 19 Hotels in Beijing
- 20 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 21 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 22 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 24 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 25 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget