Take a look at the photos. Scary stuff. I was going to do a Halong Bay cruise as part of my trip to Vietnam next February but I think I'll pass and go somewhere else. I was there in 2004. Besides, I hear the bay is full of garbage and is way over touristed. Local government is thinking of banning cruises or cutting way back on how many are allowed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 3 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 4 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 5 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 6 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 7 Vietnam visa
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 Family Friendly Penang
- 10 Train trip costs help please
- 11 Weather forecast
- 12 Bali - What to do?
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 16 Sri Lanka advice
- 17 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 18 Ryokan in Japan
- 19 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 20 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Itinerary & airport help
- 23 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 24 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 25 Snapshots From Kerala