Take a look at the photos. Scary stuff. I was going to do a Halong Bay cruise as part of my trip to Vietnam next February but I think I'll pass and go somewhere else. I was there in 2004. Besides, I hear the bay is full of garbage and is way over touristed. Local government is thinking of banning cruises or cutting way back on how many are allowed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 China in june-July
- 12 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 15 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 16 Bali - What to do?
- 17 China in July
- 18 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 19 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Being customs