This year I was lucky enough to be in Kuala Lumpur during the annual thaipusam festival. This Hindu festival is marked by a procession where people carry kvadais (burdens) from a temple in the city to Batu caves and many are also pierced by hooks in the backs, through tongue and cheeks etc. Here are some photos and a video from my visit to Batu caves on that special day http://gardkarlsen.com/blog/?p=1004 . If you are in KL during thaipusam don't miss out on a visit to Batu caves as it is special to see this with your own eyes
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Got to see thaipusam festival in KL
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 3 Travel during China national week?
- 4 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 5 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 6 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 7 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 8 Favorite travel apps?
- 9 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 13 Destination Bangkok, again
- 14 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 15 Foreign currency
- 16 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 17 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 18 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 19 Honeymoon In sept
- 20 Vietnam October 2014
- 21 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 22 Indonesian visa update
- 23 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 24 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 25 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!