This year I was lucky enough to be in Kuala Lumpur during the annual thaipusam festival. This Hindu festival is marked by a procession where people carry kvadais (burdens) from a temple in the city to Batu caves and many are also pierced by hooks in the backs, through tongue and cheeks etc. Here are some photos and a video from my visit to Batu caves on that special day http://gardkarlsen.com/blog/?p=1004 . If you are in KL during thaipusam don't miss out on a visit to Batu caves as it is special to see this with your own eyes
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laundry In Vietnam
- 2 http://www.toptryloburn.com/choice-eye-cream-moisturizer/
- 3 Dollar traveller cheques
- 4 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 5 http://brainammofacts.com/alpha-boost-scam/
- 6 V Tight Gel
- 7 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 8 Halong Bay cruise
- 9 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 10 India help with where to go
- 11 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 12 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 13 Hoi An in December?
- 14 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 15 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 20 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 21 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 22 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 23 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 24 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 25 3 day tours from Bangkok