This year I was lucky enough to be in Kuala Lumpur during the annual thaipusam festival. This Hindu festival is marked by a procession where people carry kvadais (burdens) from a temple in the city to Batu caves and many are also pierced by hooks in the backs, through tongue and cheeks etc. Here are some photos and a video from my visit to Batu caves on that special day http://gardkarlsen.com/blog/?p=1004 . If you are in KL during thaipusam don't miss out on a visit to Batu caves as it is special to see this with your own eyes
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 다빈치온라인게임 ～접 속 : kkn36.com～
- 2 long run much less in all likelihood to come once more
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 8 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 9 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 10 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 13 sri lanka- tips required
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 19 Christmas in the Alps
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 22 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Laos or Kerala?
- 25 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report