We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 2 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 3 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 4 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 5 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 6 Japan in February
- 7 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 8 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 9 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 10 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 11 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 12 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 13 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 14 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 15 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 16 7.5 days in India
- 17 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 18 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 19 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 20 Phuket
- 21 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 22 Japan: ATM Machines
- 23 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 24 Don't forget the wellies...
- 25 Family Japan Trip August 2016