We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip Delayed
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 4 Month long SE Asia trip
- 5 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 6 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 10 Cambodia weather
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 18 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 22 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 23 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 24 Amakusa island help
- 25 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove