We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One month in Java and Bali
- 2 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 3 Visa Application Form
- 4 Japanese Alps
- 5 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 6 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 7 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 8 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 9 Hotel in Langkawi
- 10 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 11 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 12 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 15 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 16 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 20 Langkawi
- 21 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 22 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 23 Safety of KKH
- 24 SE Asia Mid October
- 25 Honeymoon - Advice Needed