We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Gosainkund Lakes Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 2 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?