We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Gosainkund Lakes Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 2 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 5 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 6 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 7 1st time Japan - solo female
- 8 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 11 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 12 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 13 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 14 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 15 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 16 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 17 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 18 Japan Itinerary for May
- 19 Thai island escape
- 20 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 21 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 25 South Korea 5 days