We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 6 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 7 Thai Elephants
- 8 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 9 Luggage size China ?
- 10 Sri Lanka in August
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 13 India itinerary critique please
- 14 Japan/Korea/HK
- 15 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 16 Vientiane and ??
- 17 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 24 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 25 2 weeks in Vietnam