We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa
- 2 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 3 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 4 Family Friendly Penang
- 5 Train trip costs help please
- 6 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 7 Weather forecast
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 11 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 12 Sri Lanka advice
- 13 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 14 Ryokan in Japan
- 15 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 16 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 17 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Itinerary & airport help
- 20 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 21 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 24 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 25 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time