We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 3 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Tips in Myanmar
- 7 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 8 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 9 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 10 Road Scholar tour in China
- 11 Being customs
- 12 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 13 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 14 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 15 myanmar
- 16 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 17 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 20 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help