We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Gosainkund Lakes Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 2 July itinerary in Japan
- 3 India and Nepal 2014
- 4 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 5 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 6 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 8 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 9 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 10 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 11 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 12 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 13 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 14 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 16 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 17 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 18 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 19 Where in Bali should we stay
- 20 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 21 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 22 Vietnam or Brazil
- 23 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 24 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 25 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand