We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Gosainkund Lakes Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Destination Bangkok, again
- 7 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 10 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 15 Angkor - when to go?
- 16 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 17 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 18 India with 4 kids
- 19 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 20 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 21 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 22 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 23 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please