My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do you want Menhow product-membrane switch?
- 2 Phuket
- 3 Are you looking Guillemin Coupling?
- 4 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 5 Japan: ATM Machines
- 6 http://maleenhancementshop.info/trigger-xl/
- 7 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 8 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 9 Don't forget the wellies...
- 10 5 points you should know when choosing a travel app
- 11 http://www.healthytalkzone.com/nuage-skin/
- 12 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 13 A great trip in India
- 14 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 15 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 16 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 17 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 18 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 19 Vientiane and ??
- 20 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 21 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 22 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 23 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 24 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 25 How to do this