My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 2 Bye bye SE Asia
- 3 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 4 One night in Osaka
- 5 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 6 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 7 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 10 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 11 Laos planning.
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Japan - costs
- 14 Japan for Foodies
- 15 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 16 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 17 Japan Rail Pass
- 18 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 19 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 20 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 21 Sri Lanka May
- 22 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 23 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 24 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 25 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri