My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Good Side trips from Luang Prabang?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 13 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 14 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 17 Japan, japan
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala