My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Beijing tours
- 7 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 8 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 9 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 10 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 11 Takayama trail, Japan
- 12 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 13 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 14 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 15 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 16 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 19 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 20 Visa for India
- 21 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 22 Hútòng Walking
- 23 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 24 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 25 21 Hours in Hong Kong