My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 2 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 3 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 India visa for new passport
- 6 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 7 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 Serendipity Srilanka
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 New Thai Visa
- 14 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Sri Lanka in December
- 18 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 19 january 31 in colombo
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 22 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 23 3 weeks in Japan
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 India Tour Companies