My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 An island paradise?
- 2 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 3 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 4 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 5 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 6 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 7 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 8 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 9 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 10 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 11 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 12 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 13 Rental Car Bali
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 Kintamani Tour
- 16 Some notes about South Korea
- 17 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 18 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 19 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 20 Totally unprepared
- 21 Sulawesi
- 22 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 23 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 24 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 25 passport visa ques.