My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 REFRESH: Verizon CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Verizon Tec*h SUPP0RT 24/7
- 2 Terracotta Warriors
- 3 Selling mountainbikes in Dushanbe
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 8 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 9 hiking japan sept
- 10 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 11 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 12 The best way to My Son
- 13 Japan Itinerary!
- 14 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 15 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 16 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 17 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 18 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 19 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 20 Japan rough itinerary
- 21 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 22 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 23 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 24 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 25 shanghai for 4 days