My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 India E Tourist Visa
- 3 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 4 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 5 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 6 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 7 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 8 New Travelor
- 9 Honeymoon in Bali
- 10 Beautiful location for painting
- 11 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 12 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 14 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 15 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 16 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 17 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 18 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 19 Train Travel in Thailand
- 20 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 21 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 22 Phuket
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 25 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!