My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tips in Myanmar
- 2 myanmar
- 3 http://newsupplements2017.com/core-pwo/
- 4 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 9 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 10 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 13 Being customs
- 14 Road Scholar tour in China
- 15 A beach of choice on Samui
- 16 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 17 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 18 Travel India solo
- 19 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 20 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 21 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 22 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 23 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 24 Osaka, aquarium?
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?