My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 5 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 India help needed
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Sri Lanka Visa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 14 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang