My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 2 Is this crazy?
- 3 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 4 thai baht allowance
- 5 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 6 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 7 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 8 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 9 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 10 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 11 In Seoul for one day
- 12 Japan & WiFi
- 13 Bali airport transportation
- 14 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 15 Travel Itenary
- 16 Halong Bay cruise
- 17 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 18 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 19 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 20 Passport for Indonesia
- 21 Fabric shops in India
- 22 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 23 japan itenirary help
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar