My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 세븐포커 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 2 오션파라다이스 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 불새 ≪접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 8 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 9 Help - India take 2
- 10 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 11 CNX late arrival?
- 12 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 16 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 20 is this a good travel plan?
- 21 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 22 Phenom Penh
- 23 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 24 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience