My husband and I are considering a last minute trip to Japan from about 20 April to 2 May.
I am wondering if we should be concerned about the Japanese holidays affecting train or plane travel or hotel reservations.
Alternatives to Japan are welcome too. Maybe part of China (golden week there a concern ?) or Vietnam (weather in north turning to rain ?) We have visited Thailand, Cambodia, Burma in the past.
Golden Week Bad for Travel in Japan ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 2 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 3 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 4 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 5 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 6 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 7 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 8 Malaysia travel route help!
- 9 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 10 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 11 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 12 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 13 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 14 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 15 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 16 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 17 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 18 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 19 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 20 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 21 best dining in Kyoto
- 22 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 23 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 24 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 25 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip