My family of 4 (2 adults with 2 older teen boys) is planning to visit in December. I would appreciate your opinions on the following plan; alternate suggestions are welcome:
Day 1 Fly into Delhi from Kolkata and sightsee for the rest of the day
Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi (Old and New) [or should we skip this and go to Agra in the afternoon?]
Day 3 Early Morning train ( 0615/0810) Delhi to Agra- afternoon Agra City and Taj Mahal [or is it better to do an early morning visit--which we can do if we arrive the previous day?]
Day 4 Drive Agra to Bharatpur Rail station visit Fatehpur Sikri + train; Bharatpur to Ranthambore National Park; overnight in Ranthambore
Day 5 In Ranthambore- morning and afternoon safaris into the park
Day 6 Drive to Jaipur – afternoon in city
Day 7 Jaipur- morning Fort, afternoon bazaars
Day 8 Fly Jaipur/Bombay [or take sleeper train arriving next day?]
Thanks in advance!
Golden triangle itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 4 Japan, japan
- 5 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 6 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 7 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Hong Kong restaurants
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 13 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 14 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 15 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 16 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 19 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 20 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 21 How safe is Delhi/India
- 22 Malaria
- 23 Vietnam and coffee
- 24 I'm going to Japan!
- 25 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?