My family of 4 (2 adults with 2 older teen boys) is planning to visit in December. I would appreciate your opinions on the following plan; alternate suggestions are welcome:
Day 1 Fly into Delhi from Kolkata and sightsee for the rest of the day
Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi (Old and New) [or should we skip this and go to Agra in the afternoon?]
Day 3 Early Morning train ( 0615/0810) Delhi to Agra- afternoon Agra City and Taj Mahal [or is it better to do an early morning visit--which we can do if we arrive the previous day?]
Day 4 Drive Agra to Bharatpur Rail station visit Fatehpur Sikri + train; Bharatpur to Ranthambore National Park; overnight in Ranthambore
Day 5 In Ranthambore- morning and afternoon safaris into the park
Day 6 Drive to Jaipur – afternoon in city
Day 7 Jaipur- morning Fort, afternoon bazaars
Day 8 Fly Jaipur/Bombay [or take sleeper train arriving next day?]
Thanks in advance!
Golden triangle itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 2 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 Nancy Chandler maps
- 5 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 6 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 7 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 8 Mekong River Cruises
- 9 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 10 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 11 Help re. Visa.
- 12 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 13 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 14 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 15 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 16 Bangkok and Manila
- 17 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 18 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 19 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 20 16 days in Vietnam
- 21 Guide in Bagan?
- 22 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi
- 23 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 24 Dentist
- 25 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats