My family of 4 (2 adults with 2 older teen boys) is planning to visit in December. I would appreciate your opinions on the following plan; alternate suggestions are welcome:
Day 1 Fly into Delhi from Kolkata and sightsee for the rest of the day
Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi (Old and New) [or should we skip this and go to Agra in the afternoon?]
Day 3 Early Morning train ( 0615/0810) Delhi to Agra- afternoon Agra City and Taj Mahal [or is it better to do an early morning visit--which we can do if we arrive the previous day?]
Day 4 Drive Agra to Bharatpur Rail station visit Fatehpur Sikri + train; Bharatpur to Ranthambore National Park; overnight in Ranthambore
Day 5 In Ranthambore- morning and afternoon safaris into the park
Day 6 Drive to Jaipur – afternoon in city
Day 7 Jaipur- morning Fort, afternoon bazaars
Day 8 Fly Jaipur/Bombay [or take sleeper train arriving next day?]
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 weeks in Japan
- 2 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 4 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Lodge in Borneo
- 9 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 10 China and Japan help
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 13 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 14 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 15 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 16 Requesting Passport Number
- 17 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 18 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 19 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 20 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 21 Phu Quoc
- 22 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 23 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 24 Help! India Visa question....
- 25 Singapore hotel