I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 4 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 5 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 6 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 9 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 10 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 11 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 12 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 13 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 14 Japan Itinerary for May
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 18 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 21 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 South Korea 5 days
- 24 Japan -OAT tour
- 25 Questions on Places to See in Burma