I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
View all Asia activity »
- 1 South East Asia
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 4 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 5 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 6 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 10 1 week Philippines
- 11 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 12 Japan: best time to go?
- 13 Magical India
- 14 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 15 Travel Insurance
- 16 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 SALAY from BAGAN
- 19 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 20 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 21 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 22 cell phone in india
- 23 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 24 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 25 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May