I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 2 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 5 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 8 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 9 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 10 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 11 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 12 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 13 Visa
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai