I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 language problem in japan
- 2 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 5 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 6 two free days in Beijing
- 7 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 10 Japan - spending money?
- 11 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 12 China in 12 Days
- 13 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 14 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 15 1st Trip to Bali
- 16 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 17 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 18 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 19 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 20 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 21 water villages, shanghai
- 22 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 23 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 24 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 25 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help