I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel during China national week?
- 2 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 7 Angkor - when to go?
- 8 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 9 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 10 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 13 India with 4 kids
- 14 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation