I left Bhutan with two 1000 rupee Bhutan new bill and four 100 rupee old bills. The Bhutan currency is pegged to Indian rupee. Nobody will exchange Bhutan rupees! I would love it if somebody would like to buy these bills at big discount. Currently...40 rupees to US $1.00. There are few ATM's in Bhutan and having Bhutan cash is helpful. The stores in Paro did not take foreign money and few would take credit cards. We had to borrow money from our guide to buy our kids ice cream until we got cash. Anybody interested?
Going to Bhutan??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Living in Singapore Questions
- 4 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Japan night bus
- 9 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 10 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 11 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 16 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 17 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 18 Which Putu in Bali????
- 19 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 20 Japan, japan
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 23 Hong Kong restaurants
- 24 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 25 India for 2 weeks in December/January