We're going on our honeymoon in se asia in october (soon, yay!), and I could really need some help figuring out if our plans are doable and how.
We're going to Sabah, Malaysia to dive 9.oct - 12.oct, and we plan on being in Luang Prabang, Laos on 25.oct at the latest. So that gives us nearly two weeks in between. I wanted to spend maybe one of those exploring Sabah some more and then go on to Pakse for the Tree top explorer tour (3d).
Trouble is, I can't find the best way to travel Kota Kinabalu - Pakse - Luang Prabang without spending a fortune on airfare.Do you have any tips for me? Should I look at going via Thailand, go by boat, bus, whatever? Obviously I've realized that travel in Laos rarely involves the words "quick" or "easy", that's fine. I just want to know what route you might choose with this itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram