We're going on our honeymoon in se asia in october (soon, yay!), and I could really need some help figuring out if our plans are doable and how.
We're going to Sabah, Malaysia to dive 9.oct - 12.oct, and we plan on being in Luang Prabang, Laos on 25.oct at the latest. So that gives us nearly two weeks in between. I wanted to spend maybe one of those exploring Sabah some more and then go on to Pakse for the Tree top explorer tour (3d).
Trouble is, I can't find the best way to travel Kota Kinabalu - Pakse - Luang Prabang without spending a fortune on airfare.Do you have any tips for me? Should I look at going via Thailand, go by boat, bus, whatever? Obviously I've realized that travel in Laos rarely involves the words "quick" or "easy", that's fine. I just want to know what route you might choose with this itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 2 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Trip Report : China
- 5 Japan itinerary advice
- 6 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 7 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 8 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 9 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 12 Other than Kyoto?
- 13 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 14 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 17 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 18 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 19 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 20 Beijing tours
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 23 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 24 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 25 A great trip in India