We're going on our honeymoon in se asia in october (soon, yay!), and I could really need some help figuring out if our plans are doable and how.
We're going to Sabah, Malaysia to dive 9.oct - 12.oct, and we plan on being in Luang Prabang, Laos on 25.oct at the latest. So that gives us nearly two weeks in between. I wanted to spend maybe one of those exploring Sabah some more and then go on to Pakse for the Tree top explorer tour (3d).
Trouble is, I can't find the best way to travel Kota Kinabalu - Pakse - Luang Prabang without spending a fortune on airfare.Do you have any tips for me? Should I look at going via Thailand, go by boat, bus, whatever? Obviously I've realized that travel in Laos rarely involves the words "quick" or "easy", that's fine. I just want to know what route you might choose with this itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 2 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 3 Japan Rail Pass
- 4 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 5 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 13 One night in Osaka
- 14 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 15 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 16 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 17 Singapore weather in August/September
- 18 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 19 First time going abroad
- 20 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 21 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 Backpacking on a budget
- 24 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 25 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review