We're going on our honeymoon in se asia in october (soon, yay!), and I could really need some help figuring out if our plans are doable and how.
We're going to Sabah, Malaysia to dive 9.oct - 12.oct, and we plan on being in Luang Prabang, Laos on 25.oct at the latest. So that gives us nearly two weeks in between. I wanted to spend maybe one of those exploring Sabah some more and then go on to Pakse for the Tree top explorer tour (3d).
Trouble is, I can't find the best way to travel Kota Kinabalu - Pakse - Luang Prabang without spending a fortune on airfare.Do you have any tips for me? Should I look at going via Thailand, go by boat, bus, whatever? Obviously I've realized that travel in Laos rarely involves the words "quick" or "easy", that's fine. I just want to know what route you might choose with this itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 2 The truth about elephant tourism
- 3 The Indian money crunch.
- 4 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 5 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 8 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 12 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Kerala trip
- 14 E Visa for India?
- 15 1-2 months South East Asia
- 16 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 17 Help - India.
- 18 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 19 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 20 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 23 Side trips from Taipei
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka