We're going on our honeymoon in se asia in october (soon, yay!), and I could really need some help figuring out if our plans are doable and how.
We're going to Sabah, Malaysia to dive 9.oct - 12.oct, and we plan on being in Luang Prabang, Laos on 25.oct at the latest. So that gives us nearly two weeks in between. I wanted to spend maybe one of those exploring Sabah some more and then go on to Pakse for the Tree top explorer tour (3d).
Trouble is, I can't find the best way to travel Kota Kinabalu - Pakse - Luang Prabang without spending a fortune on airfare.Do you have any tips for me? Should I look at going via Thailand, go by boat, bus, whatever? Obviously I've realized that travel in Laos rarely involves the words "quick" or "easy", that's fine. I just want to know what route you might choose with this itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 4 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 Being customs
- 14 Itinerary feedback please
- 15 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 16 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 17 Tips in Myanmar
- 18 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 19 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 20 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 21 myanmar
- 22 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 23 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 24 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 25 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka