As part of early planning for appx 2-week Rajasthan trip in January, I am trying to decide whether it makes sense to break the journey from Udaipur to Jodhpur, spending the night say in Kumbalgarh. I gather it can (easily?) be visited (along with Ranakpur?) in one day en route and we can still wind up in Jodhpur by dark. Question is this: is there enough "exploring" to do in and around Kumbalgarh to make an overnight stop interesting? Is there someplace else worth stopping? Or am I better off saving the night for later in the trip? Many thanks to those on this forum who have helped me with trips in the past, including one to India in '11 (see trip report under my name if interested).
From Udaipur to Jodhpur: Stop in Kumbalgarh?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 3 Laos for the backpacker
- 4 Thailand-Oceanview Room with private pool
- 5 17 year olds traveling to Thailand
- 6 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 7 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 8 Japan - 3wks solo - Kiso Valley logistics and which nights where!
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 1st time Japan - solo female
- 11 The Golden Land - Adventures in Myanmar
- 12 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 13 EBC in May Prep
- 14 Revised Itinerary - feedback please
- 15 Hampi & Badami: Exploring the Vijaynagar and Chalukya empires.
- 16 Dubai and Thailand - Bangkok
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 19 Things to do in Delhi
- 20 Traveling to Burma in April
- 21 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 22 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 23 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 24 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 25 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap