As part of early planning for appx 2-week Rajasthan trip in January, I am trying to decide whether it makes sense to break the journey from Udaipur to Jodhpur, spending the night say in Kumbalgarh. I gather it can (easily?) be visited (along with Ranakpur?) in one day en route and we can still wind up in Jodhpur by dark. Question is this: is there enough "exploring" to do in and around Kumbalgarh to make an overnight stop interesting? Is there someplace else worth stopping? Or am I better off saving the night for later in the trip? Many thanks to those on this forum who have helped me with trips in the past, including one to India in '11 (see trip report under my name if interested).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 2 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 3 My new 10 year china visa
- 4 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 5 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 6 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 9 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 10 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 11 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 12 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 13 Update on riding elephants
- 14 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 15 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 16 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 17 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 18 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 19 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 20 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 21 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 22 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 23 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 24 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 25 Advice on 6 day itinerary