We (my husband and 2 teenagers) are visiting Shanghai in April. We will have a guide to visit the Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Garden, Old town and Zhujiajiao Water Village. We will be visiting Xian for 2 days and Beijing for 5 nights. Almost all of this is city sightseeing. Is there anywhere we could travel to outside of Shanghai on our own by train that might give us a better understanding what village life is? My guide recommended Hanghzou but thought we would really struggle with the language getting around. Ideas? Thoughts?
Free day in Shanghai - want to see village life
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 China in 12 Days
- 5 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 6 language problem in japan
- 7 Nepal
- 8 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 9 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 10 two free days in Beijing
- 11 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 12 April in Bangkok, again!
- 13 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 14 Japan - spending money?
- 15 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 16 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 17 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 18 1st Trip to Bali
- 19 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 20 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 21 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 22 water villages, shanghai
- 23 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 24 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 25 Private Guide in Chiang Mai