We (my husband and 2 teenagers) are visiting Shanghai in April. We will have a guide to visit the Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Garden, Old town and Zhujiajiao Water Village. We will be visiting Xian for 2 days and Beijing for 5 nights. Almost all of this is city sightseeing. Is there anywhere we could travel to outside of Shanghai on our own by train that might give us a better understanding what village life is? My guide recommended Hanghzou but thought we would really struggle with the language getting around. Ideas? Thoughts?
Free day in Shanghai - want to see village life
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 4 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 5 Destination Bangkok, again
- 6 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 7 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 8 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 9 Foreign currency
- 10 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 11 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 12 Favorite travel apps?
- 13 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 14 Honeymoon In sept
- 15 Vietnam October 2014
- 16 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 17 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 18 Indonesian visa update
- 19 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 20 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 where can i find replica handbags
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?