We (my husband and 2 teenagers) are visiting Shanghai in April. We will have a guide to visit the Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Garden, Old town and Zhujiajiao Water Village. We will be visiting Xian for 2 days and Beijing for 5 nights. Almost all of this is city sightseeing. Is there anywhere we could travel to outside of Shanghai on our own by train that might give us a better understanding what village life is? My guide recommended Hanghzou but thought we would really struggle with the language getting around. Ideas? Thoughts?
Free day in Shanghai - want to see village life
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 6 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 7 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 10 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 11 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 12 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 13 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 14 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 15 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 16 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 17 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 18 Connaught Place
- 19 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 20 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 23 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 24 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 25 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?