We (my husband and 2 teenagers) are visiting Shanghai in April. We will have a guide to visit the Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Garden, Old town and Zhujiajiao Water Village. We will be visiting Xian for 2 days and Beijing for 5 nights. Almost all of this is city sightseeing. Is there anywhere we could travel to outside of Shanghai on our own by train that might give us a better understanding what village life is? My guide recommended Hanghzou but thought we would really struggle with the language getting around. Ideas? Thoughts?
Free day in Shanghai - want to see village life
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 12 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 13 Nepal
- 14 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 15 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 19 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 1st time Japan - solo female
- 22 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 25 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July