We (my husband and 2 teenagers) are visiting Shanghai in April. We will have a guide to visit the Jade Buddha Temple, Yu Garden, Old town and Zhujiajiao Water Village. We will be visiting Xian for 2 days and Beijing for 5 nights. Almost all of this is city sightseeing. Is there anywhere we could travel to outside of Shanghai on our own by train that might give us a better understanding what village life is? My guide recommended Hanghzou but thought we would really struggle with the language getting around. Ideas? Thoughts?
Free day in Shanghai - want to see village life
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 13 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 14 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 17 Japan, japan
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala