My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://boosthightestosterones.com/no2-shred-reviews/
- 2 Online Pharmacy and Medical Store India
- 3 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 4 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 5 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 6 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 7 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 8 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 9 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 10 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 11 First time trip to Japan questions
- 12 Laos in the end of June
- 13 Japan & WiFi
- 14 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 15 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 16 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 17 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 18 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 19 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 20 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 21 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 22 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 23 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 24 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 25 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan