My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Which airport for Tokyo
- 4 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 5 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 6 Where to go?
- 7 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 8 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 9 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 10 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 11 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 12 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 13 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 14 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 15 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 16 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 17 India at the end of May
- 18 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 19 Restaurants in Singapore
- 20 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 21 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 22 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Georgia e-visa application
- 25 SE Asia