My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 2 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 3 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 4 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 5 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 6 Is this crazy?
- 7 In Seoul for one day
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 India help with where to go
- 11 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 12 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 13 Taxis in Yangon
- 14 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 15 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 16 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 17 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 18 Shanghai Tailor?
- 19 Best of Koh Tao
- 20 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 21 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 22 Studying yoga in India
- 23 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 24 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?
- 25 Visit Mandalay or not?