My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 2 What beach to choose?!?!
- 3 Business class on JAL
- 4 Private guides & drivers in China
- 5 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 7 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 8 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 9 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 10 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 11 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 12 Traffic in Hanoi
- 13 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 14 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 15 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 16 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 17 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 18 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 19 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 20 India group or private tour?
- 21 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 22 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 23 HA lounge at HND
- 24 Hakone Free Pass
- 25 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath