My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://supplementranking.com/exoslim/
- 2 http://www.prohealthguides.com/megadrox/
- 3 Local Packers and Movers in Hyderabad
- 4 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 5 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 6 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 7 Hanoi Hotel
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 10 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 11 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 18 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 19 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 20 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 21 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 22 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 23 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 24 A great trip in India
- 25 Burma in Jan, weather questions.