My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Quality medical marijuana,Heroin,actavis, pain killer,
- 2 2 Weeks - Japan, China, Taiwan?
- 3 One Month in Vietnam January 2012 - Car and Driver
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 6 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 7 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 8 Vietnam and coffee
- 9 I'm going to Japan!
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 14 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 How safe is Delhi/India
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport