My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 3 Buy Affordable Property in Kanpur From Emerald Gulistan
- 4 a month in india
- 5 kanpur escorts service
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 9 India Safari 2017
- 10 India in March and April??
- 11 Datong in Winter
- 12 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 13 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 14 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 15 haneda hotel
- 16 Rishikesh, India
- 17 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 18 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 19 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 20 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 21 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 22 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 23 Japan- National Holiday
- 24 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan