My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 5 Indonesian visa update
- 6 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 10 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 11 Vietnam October 2014
- 12 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 13 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 14 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 15 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 16 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 17 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 20 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 21 Myranmar VISA
- 22 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 23 slightly... paranoid parent
- 24 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 25 Craig and Jeane Visit the Last Shangri La: Bhutan 2012