My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 5 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 6 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 7 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 8 Totally unprepared
- 9 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 10 Rental Car Bali
- 11 Sulawesi
- 12 Some notes about South Korea
- 13 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 14 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 15 Made the Jump!
- 16 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 17 passport visa ques.
- 18 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 19 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 20 In Seoul for one day
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali