My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hanoi eats
- 2 A train ride through Java
- 3 JAPANiCAN.com
- 4 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 5 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 6 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 7 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 8 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 9 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 10 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 11 New Delhi - What to see?
- 12 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 13 Travel in Kyushu.
- 14 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 15 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 16 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 17 3 weeks itinerary China
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 22 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 25 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015