My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 3 Osaka, aquarium?
- 4 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 7 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 8 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 9 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 12 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 13 Indonesia travel agent
- 14 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 15 A beach of choice on Samui
- 16 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 17 Bangkok Taxis
- 18 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 19 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 20 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 21 A month in central Asia
- 22 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 25 Two Round Trip Tickets?