My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 2 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 3 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 4 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 5 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 6 Krabi island tours
- 7 beaches in Thailand
- 8 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 9 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 10 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 11 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 12 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 13 Kyushu rail pass
- 14 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 15 6 full days in Yagoon
- 16 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 17 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 18 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 19 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 20 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 23 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 24 Currency in South Korea
- 25 Tipping in Japan