My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan- National Holiday
- 2 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 3 best kerala tour packages
- 4 pipes in the city are relatively old
- 5 After the construction of technical work
- 6 Adventure Discovery Tours
- 7 fight the keel method of fixing
- 8 Hoi An Discovery
- 9 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 10 blessing of the floor
- 11 chennai escorts
- 12 Do you want Savetakatak your money?
- 13 Holiday in Sri Lanka Dilra Tours
- 14 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 15 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 16 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 17 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 18 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 19 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 20 India Safari 2017
- 21 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 22 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 23 India in March and April??
- 24 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 25 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok