My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 2 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 3 Christmas in Bali
- 4 Christmas in Cambodia
- 5 Help with choosing guided tour
- 6 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 7 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 8 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 9 Visa to Beijing China
- 10 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 11 China visa
- 12 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 13 Hotel in Langkawi
- 14 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 15 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 16 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai
- 17 Japanese Alps
- 18 One month in Java and Bali
- 19 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 20 Visa Application Form
- 21 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 22 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 23 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 24 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 25 Is Dalat worth a visit?