My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 where can i find replica handbags
- 4 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 5 Phones in Asia
- 6 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 7 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 8 Japan in December
- 9 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 10 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 11 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 12 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 13 India Add-on
- 14 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 15 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 16 Travel during China national week?
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Phuket
- 19 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 20 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 22 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 23 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 24 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 25 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?