My family and I are thinking of spending a month (4 or 5 weeks) in Taiwan from late December 2011 to Late Jan / early Feb 2012.
Why Taiwan, well we like that it is an island (and so a manageable area to cover), and we're interested in Chinese and native culture, and it will be warmer than the mainland at that time of year!
We'll spend some time in Taipei, of course. But then we want to travel around. So three initial questions, in the hope that there are some 'old Taiwan hands' here who can help.
1. Would we be mad to hire a car? I've heard that the driving can be pretty wild. But we want to be able to get to more 'off the beaten track' places'...
2. Any ideas for an itinerary, covering most of the big sights?
3. Has anyone been to Lanyu Island? What is the trip over there like in winter? I've heard the seas can be bad (and I get sea sick!).
Hope to hear from some of you. THANK YOU
Four weeks in Taiwan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 2 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 6 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 7 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 8 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 9 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 10 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 11 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 12 Kashmir today
- 13 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 14 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 15 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 16 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 17 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 18 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 19 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 20 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 21 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 22 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 23 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 24 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 25 Triple Room in Singapore