I am heading for Southeast Asia next month. My last trip to this part of the world ended early when I got ecoli food poisoning in southern China and ended up in a hospital in Hong Kong. Thus, despite the lure of what looks to be wonderful street food in these countries, I plan to be very cautious. I am puzzled as to what I can safely eat in restaurants- am I really limited to things that are baked or peeled ? I would love to hear advice on this. Thank you!!
Food safety- Thailand, Vietnam and Laos?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 4 Nepal
- 5 First time to srilanka
- 6 Ubud Tips
- 7 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 12 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 13 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 14 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 17 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 18 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 21 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 22 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!