I am heading for Southeast Asia next month. My last trip to this part of the world ended early when I got ecoli food poisoning in southern China and ended up in a hospital in Hong Kong. Thus, despite the lure of what looks to be wonderful street food in these countries, I plan to be very cautious. I am puzzled as to what I can safely eat in restaurants- am I really limited to things that are baked or peeled ? I would love to hear advice on this. Thank you!!
Food safety- Thailand, Vietnam and Laos?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 2 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 3 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 4 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 5 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 6 5 nights in Japan.
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 10 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 11 Visa
- 12 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 13 Affordable Japan
- 14 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 15 Castle & King
- 16 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 17 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 18 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 19 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 20 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 21 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 22 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 23 What I like about Mumbai
- 24 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 25 5 Days in Siem Reap