I am heading for Southeast Asia next month. My last trip to this part of the world ended early when I got ecoli food poisoning in southern China and ended up in a hospital in Hong Kong. Thus, despite the lure of what looks to be wonderful street food in these countries, I plan to be very cautious. I am puzzled as to what I can safely eat in restaurants- am I really limited to things that are baked or peeled ? I would love to hear advice on this. Thank you!!
Food safety- Thailand, Vietnam and Laos?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 6 Problems at 12,000'
- 7 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 8 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 9 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 10 Which Putu in Bali????
- 11 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 12 Japan, japan
- 13 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 14 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 15 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 16 Hong Kong restaurants
- 17 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 18 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 19 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 20 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 21 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria