I'm trying to get a handle on figuring out where to start and finish on a trip to Vietnam, during which I'd like to fly to Cambodia for a short while. I've read a lot of posts, but need to start with some basic stuff to help me put an approx outline together of a good itinerary
1) I've checked Vietnam air and flights look to be about $125 from Hanoi to Siem Reap. I guess $250 round trip. I was hoping not to take on any more airfare while on my trip as I'm on a very tight budget. Also I've seen comments about only being able to do this flight one way but not round trip. suggestions?
Is it better to Start in Vietnam, and then to a short trip over to Cambodia, then back to Vietnam to finish traveling to the other destinations I want to do, and fly back out at the end from Vietnam, or should I look at doing everything I want to do in Vietnam, and then finishing trip in Cambodia?I generally like to start in one area of a country, and fly out of the other end of the country so I don't do any back tracking. Stopping in the middle to fly out of another airport to another country, if that's part of the plan
I'll have 3 weeks to 1 month so plenty of time but the bulk will be spent in Vietnam that much I know.
Again: this is all very murky right now as far as what exactly I'll be doing and what cities/towns I'll be in. I find that I always figure that all out, after my initial flights are booked since i continue to find out new information I'd never thought of, from this great site and all the people on it
A few hints from savvy travelers on what does NOT work flying from Vietnam to Cambodia, and on how to make this as economical as possible (as direct as possible) and as efficient as possible (such as if some flights only go one way but not the other) would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 스위피게임 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 2 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 3 게임몽주소 ≪ 접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 6 Help - India take 2
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 CNX late arrival?
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 19 is this a good travel plan?
- 20 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 21 Phenom Penh
- 22 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 23 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 One day in Saigon
Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start