I'm trying to get a handle on figuring out where to start and finish on a trip to Vietnam, during which I'd like to fly to Cambodia for a short while. I've read a lot of posts, but need to start with some basic stuff to help me put an approx outline together of a good itinerary
1) I've checked Vietnam air and flights look to be about $125 from Hanoi to Siem Reap. I guess $250 round trip. I was hoping not to take on any more airfare while on my trip as I'm on a very tight budget. Also I've seen comments about only being able to do this flight one way but not round trip. suggestions?
Is it better to Start in Vietnam, and then to a short trip over to Cambodia, then back to Vietnam to finish traveling to the other destinations I want to do, and fly back out at the end from Vietnam, or should I look at doing everything I want to do in Vietnam, and then finishing trip in Cambodia?I generally like to start in one area of a country, and fly out of the other end of the country so I don't do any back tracking. Stopping in the middle to fly out of another airport to another country, if that's part of the plan
I'll have 3 weeks to 1 month so plenty of time but the bulk will be spent in Vietnam that much I know.
Again: this is all very murky right now as far as what exactly I'll be doing and what cities/towns I'll be in. I find that I always figure that all out, after my initial flights are booked since i continue to find out new information I'd never thought of, from this great site and all the people on it
A few hints from savvy travelers on what does NOT work flying from Vietnam to Cambodia, and on how to make this as economical as possible (as direct as possible) and as efficient as possible (such as if some flights only go one way but not the other) would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 3 email@example.com
- 4 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 5 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 6 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 7 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 8 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 9 Best and lightest surge protector....suggestions?
- 10 Magical India
- 11 India itinerary critique please
- 12 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 20 Himachal Pradesh
- 21 Luggage size China ?
- 22 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 23 Thai Elephants
- 24 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 25 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start