I'm thinking of traveling from Yangon to Siem Reap to Chiang Mai. The flights involve BKK layovers and take a chunk out of the day. I looked at booking separate flights in and out of Bangkok. I can take Air Asia 9:30PM into Bangkok and spend the night at the airport -- I'm looking at a BA flight to SR early the next morning so I'd take shuttle or cab from DMK to BKK and spend night in an airport hotel. I think that means I'll have to go through immigration and check/uncheck bag more often, but the alternative is spend night in Yangon and my flight wouldn't arrive in SR until the afternoon. Similarly, I can fly late out of SR into BKK - then book a separate flight to CM. Does this make sense or is this unreasonable and too complicated? .
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 10 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 13 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 20 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 21 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 22 Beijing tours
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 25 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR