I'm thinking of traveling from Yangon to Siem Reap to Chiang Mai. The flights involve BKK layovers and take a chunk out of the day. I looked at booking separate flights in and out of Bangkok. I can take Air Asia 9:30PM into Bangkok and spend the night at the airport -- I'm looking at a BA flight to SR early the next morning so I'd take shuttle or cab from DMK to BKK and spend night in an airport hotel. I think that means I'll have to go through immigration and check/uncheck bag more often, but the alternative is spend night in Yangon and my flight wouldn't arrive in SR until the afternoon. Similarly, I can fly late out of SR into BKK - then book a separate flight to CM. Does this make sense or is this unreasonable and too complicated? .
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 sri lanka- tips required
- 5 base bangkok or manilla
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week