After a cruise ending in Sri Lanka we will have six days on our own to explore. We are a couple in mid 70s, good health interested in nature, culture and hope to stay in no more than 2 nice hotels, as we understand transportation from area to area is time consuming. Also should we enlist an agency to plan or do it ourselves. Do we need a driver to be with us the entire five days? We usually rent a car and drive, but I think that is not a good idea in this case. We will be arriving in Sri Lanka by ship on the 24th of February and cruise will include stops in Trincomalee, Galle, and Colombo. Any and all suggestions appreciated
Five nights in Sri Lanka need help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar: Looking for a perfect driver/guide?
- 2 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 3 Travel Insurance
- 4 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 5 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 6 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 9 best dining in Kyoto
- 10 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 11 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 12 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 13 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 16 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 17 Colombo
- 18 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 19 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 20 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 21 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 22 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 23 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 24 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 25 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe