After a cruise ending in Sri Lanka we will have six days on our own to explore. We are a couple in mid 70s, good health interested in nature, culture and hope to stay in no more than 2 nice hotels, as we understand transportation from area to area is time consuming. Also should we enlist an agency to plan or do it ourselves. Do we need a driver to be with us the entire five days? We usually rent a car and drive, but I think that is not a good idea in this case. We will be arriving in Sri Lanka by ship on the 24th of February and cruise will include stops in Trincomalee, Galle, and Colombo. Any and all suggestions appreciated
Five nights in Sri Lanka need help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 2 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 3 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 4 Driving in Laos
- 5 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 6 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 7 Sri Lanka/ would like to hire driver/guide
- 8 Loikaw, Padaung Tribe
- 9 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 10 One week in Tokyo
- 11 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 12 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 13 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 14 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 15 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 16 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 17 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 18 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 19 china
- 20 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 21 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 22 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 23 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 24 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 25 China - Personal recommendations