After a cruise ending in Sri Lanka we will have six days on our own to explore. We are a couple in mid 70s, good health interested in nature, culture and hope to stay in no more than 2 nice hotels, as we understand transportation from area to area is time consuming. Also should we enlist an agency to plan or do it ourselves. Do we need a driver to be with us the entire five days? We usually rent a car and drive, but I think that is not a good idea in this case. We will be arriving in Sri Lanka by ship on the 24th of February and cruise will include stops in Trincomalee, Galle, and Colombo. Any and all suggestions appreciated
Five nights in Sri Lanka need help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 2 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 3 Storing photos while traveling
- 4 Khao Lak
- 5 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 6 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 7 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 8 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 9 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 10 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 11 Photos from India!
- 12 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 13 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 14 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 15 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 16 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 17 Myanmar River Cruises
- 18 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 19 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 20 How to handle cash in Japan
- 21 Great Wall hike
- 22 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 23 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 24 Six days in Hong Kong
- 25 China, Hong Kong, Tibet