My friend and I are taking our first ever trip to Southeast Asia in late January to mid-February. We will have roughly 15 days, but I wondering if this will be enough; I might be able to extend our trip because what I have right now seems like a lot of rushing. My main goals are to go to the lantern festival in Hoi An (feb 2), go to the beach/ do water sports, see the real Vietnam, visit my friend in Hanoi
25th - we arrive (my friend has flights over two days from the states and has rarely travelled so far...slightly worried if he will have energy to explore on the first day). Explore Hanoi, see my friend
27th- Leave in the morning to Halong Bay, spend night there
28th- Halong Bay; arrive back to Hanoi around 4 pm, overnight train to Lao Cai (for Sapa)
29th - Arrive in Sapa, explore, spend night there
30th- Sapa, night train to Hanoi
31st - arrive in Hanoi, explore Hanoi. Night train to Hue
1st- Arrive in Hue, explore (either spend the night in Hue or take the evening train to Hoi An)
2nd - Hoi An (either arrive in the morning or evening before). Lantern Festival
3rd - Hoi An
4th - Hoi An; take night train to Nha Trang
And this is all i got so far. I still want to visit Mui Ne (for kitesurfing), Da Lat and our return tickets are out of Saigon. I leave the 9th in the morning, so I am just wondering how it is possible to see most of what we want to see without tiring ourselves out.
If anyone can provide input, I would appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Japan for Foodies
- 3 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 6 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 7 Singapore weather in August/September
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days