My friend and I are taking our first ever trip to Southeast Asia in late January to mid-February. We will have roughly 15 days, but I wondering if this will be enough; I might be able to extend our trip because what I have right now seems like a lot of rushing. My main goals are to go to the lantern festival in Hoi An (feb 2), go to the beach/ do water sports, see the real Vietnam, visit my friend in Hanoi
25th - we arrive (my friend has flights over two days from the states and has rarely travelled so far...slightly worried if he will have energy to explore on the first day). Explore Hanoi, see my friend
27th- Leave in the morning to Halong Bay, spend night there
28th- Halong Bay; arrive back to Hanoi around 4 pm, overnight train to Lao Cai (for Sapa)
29th - Arrive in Sapa, explore, spend night there
30th- Sapa, night train to Hanoi
31st - arrive in Hanoi, explore Hanoi. Night train to Hue
1st- Arrive in Hue, explore (either spend the night in Hue or take the evening train to Hoi An)
2nd - Hoi An (either arrive in the morning or evening before). Lantern Festival
3rd - Hoi An
4th - Hoi An; take night train to Nha Trang
And this is all i got so far. I still want to visit Mui Ne (for kitesurfing), Da Lat and our return tickets are out of Saigon. I leave the 9th in the morning, so I am just wondering how it is possible to see most of what we want to see without tiring ourselves out.
If anyone can provide input, I would appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 3 Trip Report : China
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 Japan itinerary advice
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Other than Kyoto?
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 12 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 13 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 14 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 15 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 16 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 17 Beijing tours
- 18 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 19 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 20 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 21 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area