Hubby and I live in London UK and are frequent travellers around Europe, however we have never been to Asia. We are mid30s and big foodies. We aren't museum goers but love people watching, historic sites and enjoying local foods and culture. We are also big photographers. We also like slow travel and don't like wasting too much time changing locations...we like to get to know a place well.
I have read many threads here and have come up with the following. We have two weeks (leaving London Friday night, arriving in Asia Saturday afternoon, heading back to London the Sunday two weeks later. We are thinking of going late November 2013.
Day 1 Friday fly London to Bangkok
Day 2 Saturday fly directly to Siem Reap
Day 3 sunday explore the temples
Day 4 Monday explore the temples
Day 5 Tuesday explore the temples
Day 6 Wednesday explore the temples
Day 7 Thursday fly to a beach area (see questions below)
Day 8 Friday beach
Day 9 Saturday beach
Day 10 Sunday beach
Day 11 Monday beach
Day 12 Tuesday fly to Bangkok
Day 13 Wednesday bangkok
Day 14 Thursday Bangkok
Day 15 Friday Bangkok
Day 16 Saturday Bangkok
Day 17 fly back to london
1. What is the best way to get to Siem Reap from Bangkok - Bangkok air discovery pass?
2. We want a beautiful beach area...not too touristy so I had decided not Phuket...was thinking Krabi as it looks beautiful. But it seems there are no direct flights from Siem Reap...are there other beautiful beach areas other than Phuket that we can get to directly? We do not want an American style resort where the serve American food...we want a lovely beach and a hotel near a town where we can get local food and experiences. No scuba diving, but great snorkelling would be ideal...thoughts?
3. Thinking of using my spg points to book the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok...thoughts?
4. Any recommendations for guides in Siem Reap? We have the book Kathie recommends and figure we would like to spend 4 days there...a guide that specialises in photography would be great! Also any hotel recommendations here?
5. Is my plan reasonable?
6. Hubby has had dengi fever so we need to avoid areas where there are breakouts...do we need to avoid any areas in particular?
Thank you so much for your help! We promise a full trip report on return!
Jamikins (and Bikerscott)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 3 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 4 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 5 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 6 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 7 Vietnam visa
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 Family Friendly Penang
- 10 Train trip costs help please
- 11 Weather forecast
- 12 Bali - What to do?
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 16 Sri Lanka advice
- 17 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 18 Ryokan in Japan
- 19 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 20 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Itinerary & airport help
- 23 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 24 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 25 Snapshots From Kerala