Myself (20yrs) and my sister (23yrs) are planning our first backpacking trip and are in serious need of some tips, guidance and ideas from some more experienced travellers!!
We are planning to leave the UK and head to Thailand March 2014. We have already seen an organised tour that we would like to do for our first week that has been recommended by friends but would like some suggestions of other things to see and do for our second/third week. Would also appreciate anyone's thoughts on travelling around whilst there and any things we need to consider to keep us safe whilst there!
After this we will head to Hong Kong for a week to stay with family on their but suggestions of things to so here will be again, very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
(VERY) novice traveller x
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa for India
- 2 Xi'an advice please
- 3 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 4 How are your experiences with Nepal?
- 5 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 6 Hakone accommodation options
- 7 Buying jewelry in India
- 8 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 9 Seoul and Japan in 3 weeks
- 10 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 11 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 12 Group (non-private) Tours of South Korea
- 13 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 14 Bus Hop-on, Hop off service in Hong Kong
- 15 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 16 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 17 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 18 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 19 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 20 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 21 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 22 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 23 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 24 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 25 Flower Arranging in Kyoto