Myself (20yrs) and my sister (23yrs) are planning our first backpacking trip and are in serious need of some tips, guidance and ideas from some more experienced travellers!!
We are planning to leave the UK and head to Thailand March 2014. We have already seen an organised tour that we would like to do for our first week that has been recommended by friends but would like some suggestions of other things to see and do for our second/third week. Would also appreciate anyone's thoughts on travelling around whilst there and any things we need to consider to keep us safe whilst there!
After this we will head to Hong Kong for a week to stay with family on their but suggestions of things to so here will be again, very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
(VERY) novice traveller x
First trip to SE Asia... Help required!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaria
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 9 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 10 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 11 Cherry blossom
- 12 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 13 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 18 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 19 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 20 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 21 Malaysia in September
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 23 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report