Myself (20yrs) and my sister (23yrs) are planning our first backpacking trip and are in serious need of some tips, guidance and ideas from some more experienced travellers!!
We are planning to leave the UK and head to Thailand March 2014. We have already seen an organised tour that we would like to do for our first week that has been recommended by friends but would like some suggestions of other things to see and do for our second/third week. Would also appreciate anyone's thoughts on travelling around whilst there and any things we need to consider to keep us safe whilst there!
After this we will head to Hong Kong for a week to stay with family on their but suggestions of things to so here will be again, very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
(VERY) novice traveller x
First trip to SE Asia... Help required!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 2 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 Top Asian Bariatric Center
- 7 India with 4 kids
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Travel during China national week?
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 13 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 14 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 15 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 16 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 17 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 18 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 19 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 20 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 21 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 22 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 23 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 24 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 25 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang