Myself (20yrs) and my sister (23yrs) are planning our first backpacking trip and are in serious need of some tips, guidance and ideas from some more experienced travellers!!
We are planning to leave the UK and head to Thailand March 2014. We have already seen an organised tour that we would like to do for our first week that has been recommended by friends but would like some suggestions of other things to see and do for our second/third week. Would also appreciate anyone's thoughts on travelling around whilst there and any things we need to consider to keep us safe whilst there!
After this we will head to Hong Kong for a week to stay with family on their but suggestions of things to so here will be again, very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
(VERY) novice traveller x
First trip to SE Asia... Help required!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One week in India
- 2 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 3 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 4 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 5 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 6 Independent female traveller
- 7 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 8 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 North Vietnam Again!
- 11 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 12 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 13 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 14 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 15 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 16 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 19 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 20 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 21 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 22 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 23 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 24 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 25 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can