I am planning for a 7-days trip to Japan for two and hoping to get some advice from you guys. We are flying in and out from Haneda Airport and this is our initial itinerary:
Day 1 - 4: Travel from Haneda Airport to Kyoto
Day 4 - 7: Tokyo
As our trip is relatively short, I am uncertain if it is worthwhile to allocate a day for Nara while in Kyoto. Or would there be more places of interests in Kyoto/ near Kyoto that we should not miss? I am considering to make a trip to the Yamazaki distillery too. What would be the recommended time allocation for each city?
Our interests lie mostly in food, culture, sightseeing and shopping. Both of us don't usually search through travel guides while travelling as we value personal experiences and suggestions more than that (e.g. off the beaten track destinations). Therefore, we would greatly appreciate any form of recommendations (food, attractions, where to stay and etc) for this trip. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Know the Man Behind Natadola Project
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 6 Luggage size China ?
- 7 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 8 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 9 Thai Elephants
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 15 Sri Lanka in August
- 16 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 17 India itinerary critique please
- 18 Japan/Korea/HK
- 19 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 22 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 23 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?