I am planning a trip to Japan and was wondering how I should go about allocating my time in the country/region over 14 nights.
I am considering the following:
6 nights-Tokyo ( I would like to visit Nikko as well as Kamakura )
4 nights- Kansai Base ( i.e. Kyoto, Nara and what not )
4 nights- ?
Part of me is tempted to take things to Shanghai in my remaining 4 nights as all other major Asian cities are quite a jaunt and Beijing/Xi’An apparently requires more than 4 nights. That being said, reviews of Shanghai seem to be less than stellar and i want to really get a grasp on Japan.
Any help regarding night allocation/places to visit would be fantastic. I want to emphasize that i’m certainly more of a cultural/social/culinary traveller than a historical one, however, i think all realms are rather incremental. i.e. the prospect of massaging a cow in Kobe is the kind of odd ball activity I would prefer to seeing another Japanese castle haha.
Shanghai / Sapporo / Kyushu / Hiroshima / Okinawa? Any advice on where to go/what to do?
Sorry for this rant of a post and thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Mount Koya
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 Sometahing is wrong
- 5 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 6 Idiotic time zone question
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 Twin rooms in Japan
- 10 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 11 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 sri lanka- tips required
- 14 base bangkok or manilla
- 15 Christmas in the Alps
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week