I am planning a trip to Japan and was wondering how I should go about allocating my time in the country/region over 14 nights.
I am considering the following:
6 nights-Tokyo ( I would like to visit Nikko as well as Kamakura )
4 nights- Kansai Base ( i.e. Kyoto, Nara and what not )
4 nights- ?
Part of me is tempted to take things to Shanghai in my remaining 4 nights as all other major Asian cities are quite a jaunt and Beijing/Xi’An apparently requires more than 4 nights. That being said, reviews of Shanghai seem to be less than stellar and i want to really get a grasp on Japan.
Any help regarding night allocation/places to visit would be fantastic. I want to emphasize that i’m certainly more of a cultural/social/culinary traveller than a historical one, however, i think all realms are rather incremental. i.e. the prospect of massaging a cow in Kobe is the kind of odd ball activity I would prefer to seeing another Japanese castle haha.
Shanghai / Sapporo / Kyushu / Hiroshima / Okinawa? Any advice on where to go/what to do?
Sorry for this rant of a post and thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 8 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Himachal Pradesh
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Thai Elephants
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Sri Lanka in August
- 19 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 20 India itinerary critique please
- 21 Japan/Korea/HK
- 22 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 23 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 24 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 25 Impressions of India