Hi All -
I am a long-time Fodorite but new to the India/Asia Forum, so I apologize in advance for the many newbie/ignorant questions you will be getting from me over the next few months.
I am planning my first trip to India this December/January. I have 14 nights and will focus on the traditional Northern India/Rajasthan itinerary. My travel companion and I are pretty active travelers, but we also don't like to feel rushed. On the whole, we avoid 1-night stays and prefer to have a little time to explore the culture of the area in which we're staying. That said, we understand that there is A LOT to see in India!
So, we need help with an itinerary. Ideally, we'd like to spend time in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Varanasi. Craig recently commented that a good itinerary for a first-time visit to India would be "3 or 4 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Jaipur, 3 or 4 nights Udaipur, and 3 nights Varanasi."
Craig's itinerary sounds like a great pace for us, but it leaves out Jodhpur. So, here's my question: would you skip Jodhpur, or skip something else in favor of Jodhpur, or take a couple of nights away from somewhere else in order to experience Jodhpur? Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 International Airlines Pilot By Shekhar Gupta N Niriha Khajanchi
- 2 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 3 Strengthen the daily maintenance of wood floors
- 4 content of good faith floor
- 5 Passport
- 6 connotation. Neoclassic
- 7 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 11 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 14 Hotels in Puri
- 15 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 16 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 17 Amakusa island help
- 18 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 19 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 20 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 21 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 22 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 23 Japan Itinerary
- 24 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 25 Toddler twin travel in India
Hi All -