Hi All -
I am a long-time Fodorite but new to the India/Asia Forum, so I apologize in advance for the many newbie/ignorant questions you will be getting from me over the next few months.
I am planning my first trip to India this December/January. I have 14 nights and will focus on the traditional Northern India/Rajasthan itinerary. My travel companion and I are pretty active travelers, but we also don't like to feel rushed. On the whole, we avoid 1-night stays and prefer to have a little time to explore the culture of the area in which we're staying. That said, we understand that there is A LOT to see in India!
So, we need help with an itinerary. Ideally, we'd like to spend time in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Varanasi. Craig recently commented that a good itinerary for a first-time visit to India would be "3 or 4 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Jaipur, 3 or 4 nights Udaipur, and 3 nights Varanasi."
Craig's itinerary sounds like a great pace for us, but it leaves out Jodhpur. So, here's my question: would you skip Jodhpur, or skip something else in favor of Jodhpur, or take a couple of nights away from somewhere else in order to experience Jodhpur? Help please!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 2 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 3 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 4 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 5 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 6 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 7 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 8 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 9 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 10 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 11 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 12 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 13 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 14 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 15 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 16 Japan in February
- 17 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 18 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 19 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 20 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 21 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 22 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 23 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 24 Phuket
- 25 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
Hi All -