Hi All -
I am a long-time Fodorite but new to the India/Asia Forum, so I apologize in advance for the many newbie/ignorant questions you will be getting from me over the next few months.
I am planning my first trip to India this December/January. I have 14 nights and will focus on the traditional Northern India/Rajasthan itinerary. My travel companion and I are pretty active travelers, but we also don't like to feel rushed. On the whole, we avoid 1-night stays and prefer to have a little time to explore the culture of the area in which we're staying. That said, we understand that there is A LOT to see in India!
So, we need help with an itinerary. Ideally, we'd like to spend time in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and Varanasi. Craig recently commented that a good itinerary for a first-time visit to India would be "3 or 4 nights Delhi, 2 nights Agra, 3 nights Jaipur, 3 or 4 nights Udaipur, and 3 nights Varanasi."
Craig's itinerary sounds like a great pace for us, but it leaves out Jodhpur. So, here's my question: would you skip Jodhpur, or skip something else in favor of Jodhpur, or take a couple of nights away from somewhere else in order to experience Jodhpur? Help please!
First Trip To India - Thoughts As To Itinerary?
Hi All -
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 Foreign currency
- 4 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 7 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 8 Favorite travel apps?
- 9 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 10 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Honeymoon In sept
- 13 Vietnam October 2014
- 14 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 15 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 16 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 17 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 18 Indonesian visa update
- 19 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 20 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 where can i find replica handbags
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 25 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?