I am FINALLY making it to Asia this upcoming April 2015 for a 2.5 week trip, and I am hoping some of the well-traveled Fodorites can weigh in on what countries to focus on based on my travel profile. There are just so many great and diverse options that I haven't been able to make a decision yet.
A little about me and my boyfriend: Both 36, athletic, well-traveled (just not to Asia), love adventure, new experiences culturally, heavy focus on culinary when we travel (both fine-dining and anything local), love hotels and seek to include a mix of luxury with off-the-beaten-path options, enjoy the beach/relaxing but only for a few days sprinkled within a trip, travel budget is usually generous .....we are energetic travelers and look forward to experiencing a country in a unique way (i.e. spearfishing in Puerto Rico, hang gliding in Portugal, ballooning in Napa). I am a super prepared planner and do an inordinate amount of research on the front end so that I can let a trip unfold naturally as we go (without missing anything, haha!).
We will start in Hong Kong for 4 days at The Ritz-Carlton for my company's incentive trip and then....not sure. Do I stay in China because it is simply that amazing and I shouldn't pass it up? It has never been a priority for my travels plans, BUT the more that I read the more amazing it looks. The country is just so large though....would I be able to explore many different areas within such a short time period? Don't want to only go to the major cities or get bogged down traveling from one place to another....want to get out into the countryside and smaller towns.
Also considering Vietnam or Thailand following Hong Kong, both of which are VERY high on my travel wish-list. We will have 2 weeks to play with.....Do one of these options provide more accessibility and the ability to see more/do more in that timeframe ? Or maybe there is a way to do both? Or another country I am not even considering yet?? ugh, rescue me from my indecision!!
I know travel is so subjective, but hopefully I have given a glimpse of what we are looking for and I appreciate your suggestions so much. It will help me focus my planning that much quicker
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 2 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 3 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 4 의정부안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ대전안마∑의정부마사지/의정부건마※의정부안마
- 5 동두천안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ광주안마☞동두천마사지/동두천건마§동두천안마
- 6 안성안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ대구안마♤안성마사지/안성건마◇안성안마
- 7 이천안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ부산안마▷이천마사지/이천건마♤이천안마
- 8 용인안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ인천안마★용인마사지/용인건마◀용인안마
- 9 하남안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ일산안마☆하남마사지/하남건마◁하남안마
- 10 의왕안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ강남안마※의왕마사지/의왕건마▣의왕안마
- 11 군포안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ서울안마§군포마사지/군포건마◈군포안마
- 12 시흥안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ천안안마㉿시흥마사지/시흥건마⊙시흥안마
- 13 오산안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ동탄안마♬오산마사지/오산건마♣오산안마
- 14 안산안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ동두천안마♩안산마사지/안산건마¶안산안마
- 15 평택안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ안성안마♭평택마사지/평택건마☞평택안마
- 16 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 17 광명안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ이천안마∏광명마사지/광명건마☎광명안마
- 18 안양안마ᑆ dbg35.com ᑃ용인안마∑안양마사지/안양건마☏안양안마
- 19 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 20 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 21 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 22 Road Scholar tour in China
- 23 China in june-July
- 24 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 25 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
First-Timers Asia Trip - Country Suggestions from the Experts?