This is my first visit to Singapore. I'll be there approximately 7 days/6nights. Could you all please answer a couple of questions:
1). Is this enough time to visit the country in detail?
2). Any 4-5 star hotel recommendations. I am travelling with a 5 year old and my 2 parents in their early 60s.
3). Would you advise renting a car or hiring a taxi for my stay. Could you recommend some taxi companys which I could hire for the 7 days (rates if possible).
4). Is shopping in Singapore a lot cheaper than in California, USA. I am interested in electronics and clothing.
5). I would also like to do some Indian shopping, i.e. indian jewellery (gold), and clothes (Saris, wedding clothes and other indian fabrics). Will I find these items in Little India and will the prices be reasonable (cheaper/ better quality) in comparision to California. I realize that India would be the cheapest to shop for Indian items, but will singapore be cheaper than the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 2 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 3 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 4 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 5 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 6 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 7 Vientiane and ??
- 8 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 9 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 10 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 13 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 14 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 15 How to do this
- 16 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 17 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 18 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice
- 19 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 20 Delhi costs
- 21 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 22 Japan: ATM Machines
- 23 Angkor Wat Tour - 2 Questions
- 24 Phuket
- 25 Hotel in Delhi