This is my first visit to Singapore. I'll be there approximately 7 days/6nights. Could you all please answer a couple of questions:
1). Is this enough time to visit the country in detail?
2). Any 4-5 star hotel recommendations. I am travelling with a 5 year old and my 2 parents in their early 60s.
3). Would you advise renting a car or hiring a taxi for my stay. Could you recommend some taxi companys which I could hire for the 7 days (rates if possible).
4). Is shopping in Singapore a lot cheaper than in California, USA. I am interested in electronics and clothing.
5). I would also like to do some Indian shopping, i.e. indian jewellery (gold), and clothes (Saris, wedding clothes and other indian fabrics). Will I find these items in Little India and will the prices be reasonable (cheaper/ better quality) in comparision to California. I realize that India would be the cheapest to shop for Indian items, but will singapore be cheaper than the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary feedback please
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Bali - What to do?
- 4 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 7 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 8 Tips in Myanmar
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 11 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 12 Road Scholar tour in China
- 13 Being customs
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 16 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 17 myanmar
- 18 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 19 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 20 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 21 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 22 A beach of choice on Samui
- 23 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 24 Travel India solo
- 25 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017