This is my first visit to Singapore. I'll be there approximately 7 days/6nights. Could you all please answer a couple of questions:
1). Is this enough time to visit the country in detail?
2). Any 4-5 star hotel recommendations. I am travelling with a 5 year old and my 2 parents in their early 60s.
3). Would you advise renting a car or hiring a taxi for my stay. Could you recommend some taxi companys which I could hire for the 7 days (rates if possible).
4). Is shopping in Singapore a lot cheaper than in California, USA. I am interested in electronics and clothing.
5). I would also like to do some Indian shopping, i.e. indian jewellery (gold), and clothes (Saris, wedding clothes and other indian fabrics). Will I find these items in Little India and will the prices be reasonable (cheaper/ better quality) in comparision to California. I realize that India would be the cheapest to shop for Indian items, but will singapore be cheaper than the USA.
First time Visit to Singapore 8/21-8/27
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 2 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 3 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 4 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 5 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 6 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 9 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 10 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 11 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 15 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 16 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 17 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 20 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 21 Kashmir today
- 22 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 25 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.