Just joined the forum and was hoping to gain from the experience of other more seasoned travellers, with regards to my first trip to Thailand.
I'm planning to come from the UK to Bangkok in the last week of September for 7 nights, where I'm hoping to do the full 'tourist thing', as I'm told it's a great city to visit.
Is this a good time of year to visit?
Any recommendations for good hotels, as I want to have good transport links nearby for touring the city?
Finally, as a man travelling on my own in Bangkok, am I likely to get hassled a lot?
Thanks for your help
First time trip to Thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 sharing a timelapse travel video Taipei 2014
- 2 Passport question
- 3 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 4 Tour company practices
- 5 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 6 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 7 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 8 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 9 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 10 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 11 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 12 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 13 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 14 Help! Which to choose?
- 15 North Vietnam Again!
- 16 Castle & King
- 17 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 18 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 19 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 22 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 23 India and Nepal 2014
- 24 Independent female traveller
- 25 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free