Just joined the forum and was hoping to gain from the experience of other more seasoned travellers, with regards to my first trip to Thailand.
I'm planning to come from the UK to Bangkok in the last week of September for 7 nights, where I'm hoping to do the full 'tourist thing', as I'm told it's a great city to visit.
Is this a good time of year to visit?
Any recommendations for good hotels, as I want to have good transport links nearby for touring the city?
Finally, as a man travelling on my own in Bangkok, am I likely to get hassled a lot?
Thanks for your help
First time trip to Thailand
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 2 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 5 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 9 Connaught Place
- 10 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 11 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 12 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 13 My SEA trip - photos update
- 14 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 17 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 18 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 21 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 22 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 23 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 24 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 25 1 week in Southeast Asia