Just joined the forum and was hoping to gain from the experience of other more seasoned travellers, with regards to my first trip to Thailand.
I'm planning to come from the UK to Bangkok in the last week of September for 7 nights, where I'm hoping to do the full 'tourist thing', as I'm told it's a great city to visit.
Is this a good time of year to visit?
Any recommendations for good hotels, as I want to have good transport links nearby for touring the city?
Finally, as a man travelling on my own in Bangkok, am I likely to get hassled a lot?
Thanks for your help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help - India take 2
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 CNX late arrival?
- 7 is this a good travel plan?
- 8 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 9 Phenom Penh
- 10 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 One day in Saigon
- 14 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 15 Bali private driver recommendation
- 16 North India Itinerary advice
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 19 The Indian money crunch.
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 22 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?