Good evening from England,
My partner and I will be making our first trip to SE Asia in May. We will be in Singapore for 7 days while he is presenting at a medical conference then we have up to another 7 days to explore the region. Return flights to London Heathrow and hotel in Singapore will be paid for but we will have a budget to stick to for the 'holiday' portion of this trip - I'd say mid range! A day or two at a beach would be nice but that is the most amount of time we'd probably like to spend relaxing, we would much rather explore the culture and sights of the region. We're mid to late 20's, enjoy exploring/nature/history/food and maybe a few chilled quieter bars but are not into the 'club' scene so buzzing night life isn't top of our list.
My questions are these:
1) What do you recommend to do in Singapore? As a couple we may have one or two full days to explore, the rest of the time will be evenings. I will have more time by myself during the day - what do you recommend to on my own and is Singapore easy to get around?
2) Where do you recommend we go from Singapore? We can travel on from here Friday 13th May midday. Our flights back to LHR are from Singapore, we would travel back no later than Friday 20th May.
I realise this is a very short period of time for such a wonderful area so it may be difficult to narrow down where to go but as we have no experience of this part of the world absolutely any recommendations/advice/travel tips are very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.biotestosteronexrtry.com/testo-prime/
- 2 November, March, June... Japan?
- 3 Itinerary Help Japan
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
Good evening from England,