My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 My SEA trip - photos update
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 11 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 12 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 13 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 14 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 15 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 16 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 17 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 18 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 19 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 20 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 21 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 22 Connaught Place
- 23 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary