My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi Hotel
- 2 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 3 Totally unprepared
- 4 Staying at Phi Phi Don
- 5 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 6 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 7 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 8 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 9 Air Travel in India
- 10 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 11 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 12 where to stay in Bali
- 13 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 14 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 17 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 18 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 19 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 20 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 21 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 23 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 24 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 25 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)