My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 2 5 days Japan
- 3 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 4 Castle & King tour questions
- 5 A train ride through Java
- 6 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 7 My First India Trip
- 8 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 9 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 12 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 13 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 14 JAPANiCAN.com
- 15 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 16 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 17 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 hanoi eats
- 20 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 21 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 22 Malaysia travel route help!
- 23 3 weeks itinerary China
- 24 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 25 Yangon Made Easy