My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 2 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 3 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 4 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 11 Travel during China national week?
- 12 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 13 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 14 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 15 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 16 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 17 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 18 Angkor - when to go?
- 19 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 20 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 21 India with 4 kids
- 22 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 23 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 24 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 25 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!