My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 4 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Which Putu in Bali????
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 10 Japan, japan
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 13 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 14 Hong Kong restaurants
- 15 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 16 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 17 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 18 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 19 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 22 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 23 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria