My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 3 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 4 Japan / Korea Trip
- 5 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 6 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 7 vietnam visa
- 8 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 11 Tokyo daytrip
- 12 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 13 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 14 Trip Report : China
- 15 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 16 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 17 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 18 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 19 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 22 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 23 Bali - What to do?
- 24 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 25 Impressions of India