My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 6 Japan- National Holiday
- 7 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 9 Passport
- 10 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 11 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 12 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 13 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 14 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 15 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 16 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 17 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 18 Amakusa island help
- 19 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 22 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 23 Japan Itinerary
- 24 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 25 Toddler twin travel in India