My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
- 1 What are the things you look out for in a luxury hotel?
- 2 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 3 Bali Diving on 2014?
- 4 Indian Visa
- 5 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 6 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 7 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 8 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 9 Magical India
- 10 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 11 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 12 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 13 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 14 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 15 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 16 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 17 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 18 Don't use World Expeditions
- 19 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 20 First time in Japan
- 21 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 22 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 23 Heyloo Hampi
- 24 Southern India
- 25 Bangkok - November 2014