My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 4 Why You Should Opt For Semi Permanent Make Up?
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 7 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 8 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 10 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 11 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 12 Lodge in Borneo
- 13 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 16 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 17 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 18 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 19 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 20 Requesting Passport Number
- 21 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 22 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 23 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 24 Phu Quoc
- 25 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip