My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 3 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 4 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 10 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 11 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 12 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 13 A great trip in India
- 14 Sulawesi
- 15 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 16 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 17 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 18 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 19 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 20 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 21 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 22 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
- 23 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 24 Armenia: A Wild Thyme
- 25 Traveling on low budget ,Japan