My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thai immigration program
- 2 Thai Jungle Experience
- 3 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 4 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 9 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 First time getting out of the country
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 17 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 18 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 22 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 23 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 24 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 25 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!