My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 2 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 3 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 4 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 5 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 6 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 7 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 8 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 9 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 10 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 11 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 12 Japan in February
- 13 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 14 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 15 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 16 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 17 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 18 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 19 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 20 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 21 Phuket
- 22 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 23 Japan: ATM Machines
- 24 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 25 Don't forget the wellies...