My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.garciniacambogialean.com/provixin
- 2 Japan/Korea/HK
- 3 Thai Elephants
- 4 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 5 Khalsa Engineering Works
- 6 Buy house/ Rent House in Thailand
- 7 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 India itinerary critique please
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 17 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 21 Mumbai short visit
- 22 which city should i start from first
- 23 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017
- 24 Cultural Festivals of Indonesia
- 25 Sri Lanka in August