My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - September 2015
- 2 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 3 Eating in India
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 17-Day Itinerary
- 6 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 7 Trekking in India
- 8 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 9 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 10 Need Help for the itinerary
- 11 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 12 India On Arrival Visa
- 13 vietnam transportation
- 14 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 15 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 16 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 12 days in Japan
- 19 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 20 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 21 Tigerwalah Experience
- 22 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 23 Where best to stay in Penang
- 24 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 25 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto