My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 4 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 12 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 13 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 14 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 19 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia