My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India at the end of May
- 2 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 3 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 4 Asia Tour Companies
- 5 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 6 Singapore
- 7 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 8 17 Day Itinerary
- 9 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 10 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 11 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 12 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 13 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 14 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 15 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 16 singapore accomodation?
- 17 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 18 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 19 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 20 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 21 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 22 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 23 Writers Needed for Japan
- 24 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 25 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?