My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My visit to Lao
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 My visit to Thailand
- 4 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 8 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 9 Family Trip to Japan
- 10 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 11 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 12 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 13 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 14 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 17 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 18 New Member
- 19 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 20 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 21 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 22 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 23 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 24 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 25 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand