My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 Help re. Visa.
- 4 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 5 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 6 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 7 Visa
- 8 Gluten free in Japan?
- 9 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 10 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 11 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 12 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 13 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 14 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 17 Need a guide in Burma?
- 18 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 19 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 20 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 21 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 22 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 23 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 24 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 25 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?