My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
First Time to Japan--Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan in July?
- 2 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 3 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 4 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 5 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 6 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 7 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 8 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 9 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 10 TGS Tours Jaipur
- 11 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 12 2-3 days in Georgia
- 13 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 14 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 15 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 16 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 17 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 18 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 19 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 20 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 21 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 22 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 23 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 24 Myanmar Damsel Travels & Tours?
- 25 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang