My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 thai baht allowance
- 2 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 3 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 4 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 5 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 6 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 7 Is this crazy?
- 8 In Seoul for one day
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 Japan & WiFi
- 11 Bali airport transportation
- 12 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 13 Travel Itenary
- 14 Halong Bay cruise
- 15 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 16 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 17 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 18 Passport for Indonesia
- 19 Fabric shops in India
- 20 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 21 japan itenirary help
- 22 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 23 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG