My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Indian Food Series
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 7 "necessities" for India
- 8 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 14 days in Myanmar
- 11 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 12 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 13 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 16 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Short trip to Myanmar
- 18 ATMs in Japan
- 19 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 20 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 21 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 22 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 23 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 24 Mandalay questions
- 25 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay