My husband and I are going to Japan for the first time in June. We have already booked our airfare and some hotels but need help finalizing our itinerary. We are interested in spending time in Tokyo and Kyoto as well as one night in a ryokan somewhere quieter. We love exploring new places, outdoor activities and food. Here is what we have in mind so far:
Arrive NRT Thursday June 6 @ 9 PM. Spend 5 nights in Tokyo, with possible day trips.
June 6- Tokyo
June 11-Hakone (at ryokan)
I'm looking for suggestions for day trips from Toyko as well as where to spend the last three nights of our trip. Is Hakone an appropriate place to have ryokan experience? Or do you have any different suggestions? We fly back to New York from NRT at 5 PM on Wednesday June 19. Is it necessary/advisable to spend Tuesday night June 18 back in Tokyo? Any other feedback/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Business class on JAL
- 2 What beach to choose?!?!
- 3 Private guides & drivers in China
- 4 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 5 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 6 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 7 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 8 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 9 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 10 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 11 Traffic in Hanoi
- 12 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 13 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 14 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 15 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 16 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 17 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 18 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 19 India group or private tour?
- 20 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 22 HA lounge at HND
- 23 Hakone Free Pass
- 24 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 25 Sri Lanka: Itinerary set - need fine tuning help!