My husband and I are headed to Japan for the first time to spend our honeymoon this coming November. I've sketched out the following itinerary and am looking for guidance on whether we've given ourselves enough time experience each place in our itinerary - prioritizing food, nature, and unique experiences (e.g., staying at traditional ryokan/minshukus, onsen). Our major stops are Tokyo, Kyoto, the Kumano Kodo trail, short overnight in Osaka, Hakone, and back to Tokyo.
-Have I allotted enough time/too much or too little time to any one place?
-Should we skip Osaka altogether and go straight from the end of the Kumano Kodo trail to Hakone (doing so would give us one extra day at the end of our trip in Tokyo)?
-Should we make time in our trip to go to Naoshima (if we're already planning on going to the Hakone Open Air Museum)?
-Any other suggestions for unique experiences that aren't captured already here?
11/10/2017 Arrive at Haneda in time for dinner, stay in Tokyo
11/11/2017 Day exploring/getting over jetlag, stay in Tokyo
11/12/2017 3 hour train to Kyoto, half day exploring, stay in Kyoto
11/13/2017 Exploring, stay in Kyoto
11/14/2017 Exploring (option for day trip to Nara), stay in Kyoto
11/15/2017 Exploring, stay in Kyoto
11/16/2017 3-4 hours train to Kiitanabe/start Kumano Kodo pilgramage trail, stay in Takahara
11/17/2017 Kumano Kodo, stay in Tsugizakura-oji
11/18/2017 Kumano Kodo, stay in Yunomine Onsen
11/19/2017 Kumano Kodo, stay in Koguchi
11/20/2017 Kumano Kodo, stay in Nachi
11/21/2017 4 hours train to Osaka/low key half day Osaka (okonomiyaki), stay in Osaka
11/22/2017 2.5-3 hours train to Odawara/half day in Hakone/Hakone Open Air Museum, stay in Hakone
11/23/2017 Hakone loop, stay in Hakone
11/24/2017 1 hour train to Tokyo, exploring most of the day, stay in Tokyo
11/25/2017 Exploring, stay in Tokyo
11/26/2017 Exploring most of day, leave Tokyo at 6:50PM
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 6 Magical India
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 10 Vientiane and ??
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 13 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 14 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 15 Himachal Pradesh
- 16 Luggage size China ?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 Thai Elephants
- 19 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 20 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 21 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 22 Sri Lanka in August
- 23 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 24 Japan/Korea/HK
- 25 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia