I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China in July or October?
- 2 Japan or China? First Trip to Asia
- 3 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 4 Malaysian honeymoon
- 5 Beach selection in Thailand
- 6 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 7 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 10 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 11 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 12 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 14 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 15 India - 2 Days only
- 16 Burma river cruise
- 17 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 18 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 19 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 20 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 21 Travel during China national week?
- 22 My trip report from the Philippines
- 23 China with Collette Tours
- 24 Exploring Thailand
- 25 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok