I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 2 Vientiane and ??
- 3 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 4 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 5 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 6 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 7 A great trip in India
- 8 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 9 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 10 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 11 How to do this
- 12 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 13 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 14 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice
- 15 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 16 Delhi costs
- 17 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 18 Japan: ATM Machines
- 19 Angkor Wat Tour - 2 Questions
- 20 Phuket
- 21 Hotel in Delhi
- 22 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 23 Yerevan. Regrets.
- 24 Japan in February
- 25 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China