I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 2 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 3 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 Osaka shopping
- 7 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 8 Penang
- 9 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 10 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 11 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 12 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 13 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 14 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 15 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 16 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 17 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 18 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 19 Takayama ideas in April?
- 20 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 21 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 22 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 23 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 24 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 25 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary