I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - September 2015
- 2 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 3 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 4 Eating in India
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 17-Day Itinerary
- 7 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 8 Trekking in India
- 9 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 10 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 11 Need Help for the itinerary
- 12 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 13 India On Arrival Visa
- 14 vietnam transportation
- 15 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 16 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 17 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 18 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 19 12 days in Japan
- 20 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 21 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 22 Tigerwalah Experience
- 23 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 24 Where best to stay in Penang
- 25 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days