I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 2 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 3 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 4 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 5 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 6 Japan Itinerary!
- 7 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 8 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 9 Mumbai short visit
- 10 Thailand Guides
- 11 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 12 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 13 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 14 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 India itinerary critique please
- 17 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 18 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 19 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 22 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 23 Vientiane and ??
- 24 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 25 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?