I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 4 Kerala trip
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 A great trip in India
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 11 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 12 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 13 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 14 Beijing tours
- 15 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 18 Takayama trail, Japan
- 19 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 20 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 21 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 22 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 23 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 24 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 25 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please