I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 2 Singapore
- 3 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 4 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 5 India at the end of May
- 6 National Parks - which to choose
- 7 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 8 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 10 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 11 17 Day Itinerary
- 12 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 13 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 14 Asia Tour Companies
- 15 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 16 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 17 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 18 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 19 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 20 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 21 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 22 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 23 singapore accomodation?
- 24 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 25 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????