I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 2 Kyushu in late September
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 hanoi eats
- 5 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 6 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 7 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 8 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 9 My First India Trip
- 10 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 11 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 12 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 13 Castle & King tour questions
- 14 5 days Japan
- 15 Bicycle riding required?
- 16 A train ride through Java
- 17 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 18 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 19 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 20 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 21 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 22 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 23 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 24 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 25 JAPANiCAN.com