I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Undergraduate research on tourism in Southeast Asia
- 2 When I 31 with and yeah card good
- 3 Sri Lanka - Does this seem right?
- 4 Place to stay at Muine Phan Thiet, Vietnam?
- 5 BEST OF NORTH VIET NAM TOUR
- 6 BEST THING TO DO IN SAPA OF VIET NAM
- 7 Where best to stay in Penang
- 8 Travels to Vietnam and Cambodia
- 9 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 10 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 11 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 12 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 13 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 14 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 15 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 16 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 17 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 18 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 19 Restaurants in Singapore
- 20 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 21 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 22 Where to go?
- 23 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong