I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japanese Alps
- 2 Visa Application Form
- 3 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 4 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 5 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 6 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 7 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 8 Hotel in Langkawi
- 9 One month in Java and Bali
- 10 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 11 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 12 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 15 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 16 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 20 Langkawi
- 21 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 22 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 23 Safety of KKH
- 24 SE Asia Mid October
- 25 Honeymoon - Advice Needed