I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 4 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 5 Which airport for Tokyo
- 6 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 7 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 8 Where to go?
- 9 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 10 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 11 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 12 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 13 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 14 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 15 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 16 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 17 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 18 India at the end of May
- 19 Restaurants in Singapore
- 20 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 21 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 22 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Georgia e-visa application
- 25 SE Asia