I'm going to be arriving in Japan (landing in Narita) early on a Monday afternoon (September 2nd), and will be flying out later in the afternoon the following Tuesday (September 10th). So I should have about 9 days/8 nights to spend.
I've looked through some posts here, and have some ideas, and also found the http://www.japan-guide.com/ site being linked to a few times, which I plan to do some more exploring on. I was hoping those here familiar with the country might have some advice to pass on to a first time visitor to Japan!
Honestly, this was a last minute decision for a trip. Had some vacation days to use up, and decided, why not? As for my interests: I love history and the outdoors. I was considering a climb of Mt. Fuji, but I'm not sure I want to spend nearly a quarter of my time on that - most things I have read say it's a two-day trip.
I really would like to explore Tokyo, but am excited to get out into the more rural areas as well. I'm really pretty open to anything - variety is preferred, and if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
First time in Japan - 9 days/8 nights
- 1 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 2 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 3 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 4 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Anyone in Bangkok
- 12 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 13 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 14 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 15 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 16 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 17 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 18 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 19 Travel Insurance
- 20 South East Asia
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 23 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 24 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!