We are a couple (28 and 30) living in the UK and we have decided to go to Japan around Easter time next year. It's a dream for both of us and we're really, really excited about it, but haven't planned much yet...we're hoping to book flights soon and then gradually plan everything else.
Our idea is to go for around 2 weeks in March/April...are there any days we should avoid for whatever reason (national holidays etc)? We were thinking of flying to Tokyo, spending 4-6 days there, then visiting a few other cities. We're pretty much open to all suggestions, but definitely want to visit Mt Fuji, stay in a ryokan, take the bullet train (we were thinking of a 7-day JR pass for the week we're outside Tokyo?) and perhaps try a cooking class if we could find one which was reasonably priced. We would like to keep costs as low as possible, but understand that Japan is not a cheap country and that skimping too much will affect our enjoyment of the trip, so while we're not going to be staying in the Ritz, we don't need to do overnight buses etc either.
Would anyone be able to advise on Tokyo hotels? We're looking for somewhere clean, in a safe area and in a convenient location for getting around the city (i.e. close to metro). It doesn't need to be fancy - we usually just use hotels for sleeping in, so hotel facilities aren't hugely important. Suggestions of what else to do on our trip are very welcome too!
So excited and can't wait to finally get to Japan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 2 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 3 With so many responsibilities coming our way
- 4 Thailand family trip July
- 5 First time to SEA
- 6 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Japanese art
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Medical Tourism – Globalization of Healthcare
- 11 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 14 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 15 Hakone station confusion
- 16 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 17 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 18 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 19 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 20 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 21 Backstreet Academy
- 22 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 23 Visa on Arrival
- 24 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 25 Cebu where to stay