We are a couple (28 and 30) living in the UK and we have decided to go to Japan around Easter time next year. It's a dream for both of us and we're really, really excited about it, but haven't planned much yet...we're hoping to book flights soon and then gradually plan everything else.
Our idea is to go for around 2 weeks in March/April...are there any days we should avoid for whatever reason (national holidays etc)? We were thinking of flying to Tokyo, spending 4-6 days there, then visiting a few other cities. We're pretty much open to all suggestions, but definitely want to visit Mt Fuji, stay in a ryokan, take the bullet train (we were thinking of a 7-day JR pass for the week we're outside Tokyo?) and perhaps try a cooking class if we could find one which was reasonably priced. We would like to keep costs as low as possible, but understand that Japan is not a cheap country and that skimping too much will affect our enjoyment of the trip, so while we're not going to be staying in the Ritz, we don't need to do overnight buses etc either.
Would anyone be able to advise on Tokyo hotels? We're looking for somewhere clean, in a safe area and in a convenient location for getting around the city (i.e. close to metro). It doesn't need to be fancy - we usually just use hotels for sleeping in, so hotel facilities aren't hugely important. Suggestions of what else to do on our trip are very welcome too!
So excited and can't wait to finally get to Japan!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India itinerary critique please
- 2 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 7 Japan/Korea/HK
- 8 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 9 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 10 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 11 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 17 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 18 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 19 Mumbai short visit
- 20 which city should i start from first
- 21 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017
- 22 Cultural Festivals of Indonesia
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Camel Safar in Rajastan
- 25 Looking for Hong Kong (HK) Tourism Guide