I had a BIG birthday this year, and my hubby offered for me to do a 'Return To Oz' trip. I spent a year doing the backpacking thing in the mid 90's, so am used to travelling solo. (hubby wouldn't do the flight!) So, I'm having a month away (from London and work!) and re-visiting Australia. On the way home I'm treating myself to three days in Hong Kong - just because I've never been, and possibly will never get there again!
My first query is where to stay. I've seen the 'guest houses' in Kowloon, which look prety cheap, and I'm concerned that they're safe? I'm happy to pay £60 a night for a hotel, (even as a single female traveller) so can afford to be somewhere reasonably OK. I'd like to be not too far away from things (although transport looks fairly decent, so probably not an issue) and should I stay in Kowloon or remain on the HK Island side? I beleive the views are better from Kowloon..
Also, is is worth my while getting an Octopus card? I'm used to the London Oyster, so the concept is not alien to me!
Finally... can I get away with not speaking ANY cantonese?!!
Looking forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotmail login error 1(8OO) 57O 1233 MS OUTLOOK mail HELPLINE NUMBER
- 2 http://www.tryapext.com/goji-life-argentina/
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 5 Sri Lanka May
- 6 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 7 Japan rough itinerary
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Bye bye SE Asia
- 10 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 13 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 14 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Impressions of India
- 17 Japan - costs
- 18 Japan for Foodies
- 19 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 20 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 21 Japan Rail Pass
- 22 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 23 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 24 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 25 20 days Itinerary Help!