I had a BIG birthday this year, and my hubby offered for me to do a 'Return To Oz' trip. I spent a year doing the backpacking thing in the mid 90's, so am used to travelling solo. (hubby wouldn't do the flight!) So, I'm having a month away (from London and work!) and re-visiting Australia. On the way home I'm treating myself to three days in Hong Kong - just because I've never been, and possibly will never get there again!
My first query is where to stay. I've seen the 'guest houses' in Kowloon, which look prety cheap, and I'm concerned that they're safe? I'm happy to pay £60 a night for a hotel, (even as a single female traveller) so can afford to be somewhere reasonably OK. I'd like to be not too far away from things (although transport looks fairly decent, so probably not an issue) and should I stay in Kowloon or remain on the HK Island side? I beleive the views are better from Kowloon..
Also, is is worth my while getting an Octopus card? I'm used to the London Oyster, so the concept is not alien to me!
Finally... can I get away with not speaking ANY cantonese?!!
Looking forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jewellery in Singapore
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 3 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 4 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 5 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 6 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 9 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 10 Train Travel in Thailand
- 11 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 12 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 13 Phuket
- 14 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 15 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 16 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 17 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 18 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 19 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 20 Beautiful location for painting
- 21 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 22 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 23 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 25 New luxury hotel in Singapore