I had a BIG birthday this year, and my hubby offered for me to do a 'Return To Oz' trip. I spent a year doing the backpacking thing in the mid 90's, so am used to travelling solo. (hubby wouldn't do the flight!) So, I'm having a month away (from London and work!) and re-visiting Australia. On the way home I'm treating myself to three days in Hong Kong - just because I've never been, and possibly will never get there again!
My first query is where to stay. I've seen the 'guest houses' in Kowloon, which look prety cheap, and I'm concerned that they're safe? I'm happy to pay £60 a night for a hotel, (even as a single female traveller) so can afford to be somewhere reasonably OK. I'd like to be not too far away from things (although transport looks fairly decent, so probably not an issue) and should I stay in Kowloon or remain on the HK Island side? I beleive the views are better from Kowloon..
Also, is is worth my while getting an Octopus card? I'm used to the London Oyster, so the concept is not alien to me!
Finally... can I get away with not speaking ANY cantonese?!!
Looking forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:844:669:7811 Tec*h SUPPORT CARE
- 2 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 3 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 4 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Hong Kong
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 13 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 Terracotta Warriors
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 18 hiking japan sept
- 19 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 20 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 21 The best way to My Son
- 22 Japan Itinerary!
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 25 trying to fathom Chinese train travel