I had a BIG birthday this year, and my hubby offered for me to do a 'Return To Oz' trip. I spent a year doing the backpacking thing in the mid 90's, so am used to travelling solo. (hubby wouldn't do the flight!) So, I'm having a month away (from London and work!) and re-visiting Australia. On the way home I'm treating myself to three days in Hong Kong - just because I've never been, and possibly will never get there again!
My first query is where to stay. I've seen the 'guest houses' in Kowloon, which look prety cheap, and I'm concerned that they're safe? I'm happy to pay £60 a night for a hotel, (even as a single female traveller) so can afford to be somewhere reasonably OK. I'd like to be not too far away from things (although transport looks fairly decent, so probably not an issue) and should I stay in Kowloon or remain on the HK Island side? I beleive the views are better from Kowloon..
Also, is is worth my while getting an Octopus card? I'm used to the London Oyster, so the concept is not alien to me!
Finally... can I get away with not speaking ANY cantonese?!!
Looking forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 3 Buy Affordable Property in Kanpur From Emerald Gulistan
- 4 a month in india
- 5 kanpur escorts service
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 9 India Safari 2017
- 10 India in March and April??
- 11 Datong in Winter
- 12 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 13 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 14 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 15 haneda hotel
- 16 Rishikesh, India
- 17 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 18 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 19 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 20 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 21 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 22 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 23 Japan- National Holiday
- 24 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan