I would love to get some feedback on the following itinerary, proposed by a travel company. We are a group of 4 (2 couples) ranging in age from late 50s to early 70s; seasoned travelers and reasonably fit. I am particularly interested in any feedback you'd be willing to share on listed hotels, as well as planned activities - whether some of the activities are not that interesting and/or whether there are other sights you think are not to be missed! We like a bit of everything, from history and culture to hiking/biking, etc. I am particularly interested in the cuisine of SE Asia, thus the cooking classes - any recommendations on wonderful restaurants would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much, in advance, for your advice!
1 LUANG PRABANG ARRIVAL
2 LUANG PRABANG
Morning: Wat Xieng Thong, Wat Mai, National Museum, former Royal Palace
Afternoon: Khouangsi Waterfall and Ban Phanom,
Sunset: Wat Siphouthabath.
Evening, Night market.
Hotel Villa Maydou x 3 nights
3 LUANG PRABANG
Early morning: view monks
Morning: visit to market/cooking class
Afternoon: boat trip on the Mekong River to visit Pak Ou cave,l Ban Muangkeo.
Optional evening: Baci ceremony
4 LUANG PRABANG – HANOI
Day: city sightseeing – open agenda
Early evening flight to Hanoi
Hotel: Hanoi La Siesta hotel & spa x 3 nights
Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts, Temple of Literature,
Museum of Ethnography, Hanoi’s famed old quarter, Temple of Jade.
6 HANOI – HOA LU – HANOI
Drive to Hoa Lua, visit citadel; boat to Tam Coc; back to Hanoi.
7 HANOI – HALONG BAY
Day: Cruise to Bai Tu Long Bay; Thien Canh Son Cave; Hon CoIsland beach
Overnight on board; Dragon Pearl junk
8 HALONG - HANOI. FLIGHT HANOI – HUE
Visit VungVieng fishing village, disembark, travel back to Hanoi
Late afternoon, flight to Hue
Hotel: Sai Gon Morin Hue x 2 nights
Boat to Tien Non village, bike ride to Thanh Tien village, Sinh village, back to boat and Hue.
Citadel,Tu Duc’s mausoleum
10 HUE - HOI AN
Travel by car to Hoi An via Hai Van Pass. Spend balance of day in city
Hotel: Essence Hoi An Hotel and Spa x 2 nights
11 HOI AN
Market and cooking class
Boat ride on Thu Bon river delta to Duy Vinh Island; bicycling around island, visit artisans
12 HOI AN - DA NANG - SAI GON
Morning: leave for Saigon.
Visit Central Post Office, War Remnants Museum, China Town (Cho Lon, or ‘big market, Thien Hau temple.
À Ố Show
Hotel: Grand Hotel x 2 nights
13 SAI GON – MEKONG – SAI GON
Boat trip around Bến Tre river, sight-seeing local activities on river.
14 SAI GON – SIEM REAP
Travel to Siem Reap
Afternoon: Pre Rup, Eastern Mebon, Neal Pean Preach Khan, Srah Srang Water Basin
Hotel: La Maison d’Angkor x 3 nights
15 SIEM REAP
Car and walking excursion to Kbal Spean,
On the way back, visit Banteay Srei,Ta Prohm temples
Evening, Cambodia circus of Phare
16 SIEM REAP
Whole day to visit Angor temple, ending with Angor Wat
17 SIEM REAP – DEPARTURE
Evening: Depart for US
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 6 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 11 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 12 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama