I am planning on a 4-5 week trip to Thailand and SE Asia with my husband, 3 year old, and 6 month old. We are in our 30s and going in January/February 2015. We would love your feedback on our first stab at a trip itinerary.
Fly from LAX to Bangkok, stay 5 nights
Overnight train to Chiang Mai, stay 7 nights
Fly to Krabi, stay 7 nights
Fly to Singapore, stay 5 nights,
Fly to Siem Reap, stay 5 nights
Overland to Bangkok
Stopover in Tokyo on the way home, stay 5 nights
Some other info:
-We're on a budget, so we want to save money where we can without being too inconvenienced.
-We definitely want to go to Angkor Wat/Siem Reap, Chiang Mai and a beach area in Thailand. We are going to explore Bangkok since we're flying in there. Singapore seems good in terms of trip logistics and for the kids, and Tokyo seems neat as a stopover.
-How doable is this with our kids, and what feedback you have on our destinations, time in each area, travel between destinations, or anything we're missing/should take out?
-Should we switch out Tokyo for Bali, or will Bali be too similar to Thailand?
-Is the overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and the overland from Siem Reap to Bangkok doable with kids?
-What beach would you recommend, and would you recommend going to 2 different ones?
-Should we extend our time in Cambodia to go to Phnom Penh?
-Are there better transportation options or a different trip order?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base bangkok or manilla
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week